Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 4520
iOS

Every time I try to print photos from my iPad or iPhone the printer usually stops printing by the 2nd or 4th photo. It’s really random when it does it. But every single time I am printing photos this happens. It will be printing fine then half way through a photo it will stop. And halo will be printed and the rest will be white. I have tried to restart my WiFi, restart the printer, restart my phone and also my iPad. I have uninstalled the HP app on all my devices and I still have this issue. Should I just return it for a new one or is this an ongoing problem with the product itself? I talked to costumer service and they themselves have not been able to help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Yaneth1008, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates.

For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.

To isolate the issue further, help me with the following details:

Have you tried printing from a different device?

What happens when you try printing documents?

Have you tried printing using the AirPrint? Click here to know more.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

One of the links does not work. I have tried to update my printer but it says it is up to date, I did this directly from my printer.

HP Recommended

@Yaneth1008

Have you tried printing from a different device?

What happens when you try printing documents?

Have you tried printing using the AirPrint? Click here to know more.

Will wait for your response.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.