Post new question
Question

Tutor
Message 1 of 13 (303 Views)

Printing wrong size Photogtaphs.

Product Name: Hp Envy 5530 cn48F-466MN
Operating System: Chrome OS

Hi, I have now set everything up on my mobile printer, for instance, email, registering,  and mobile printing, but i can't print the proper size photographs, the Photos don't fit the paper.

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Message 2 of 13 (282 Views)

Re: Printing wrong size Photogtaphs.

[ Edited ]

Hi,

If you are using the Chrome (Google) browser, there is a useful photo program by Google called Picassa that will offer much more in terms of printing options for your photos. You'll need an option like the fit to page one shown below to fit your photos to your selected media.

Picassa settings.JPG

"Although I am a HP employee, I'm speaking for myself and not on behalf of HP"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Tutor
Message 3 of 13 (276 Views)

Hi, Thanks for trying to help me, I went to the website that you told me to, but unfortunately, It said it was closing down, so I really don't know what to do now. Have you got any suggestions, please?.  

Regents Professor
Message 4 of 13 (271 Views)

Hi,

Please downlaod the HP print for chrome extension to see if that helps with you print options.

I've included setup instructions here.

Tutor
Message 5 of 13 (239 Views)

Hi, you're not going to believe this, I did what you said I wrote it all down what you explained to me, I got to the part where you said select apps, then extensions but the next part of your instructions ,where you say  search  results, then select HP print from chrome, the click free did not appear. So that is  as far as I got. I was speeding along lovely until that part, then I came to a halt. I must say your instructions you gave me very explicit, they really could not have been any clearer. Thank you so much .

Regents Professor
Message 6 of 13 (236 Views)

Hi,

Did you get to see the extension in the Chrome webstore? If so, was anything displayed in the top right (like "rate it" perhaps instead)?

It may be that your printer is not compatible, which is why it gave no option install. 

Tutor
Message 7 of 13 (232 Views)

No, when I clicked on the extension I got to free. but clicking on free nothing happened.   Why wouldn't my printer be compatible?  

Regents Professor
Message 8 of 13 (229 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Try restarting your device (PC or Chromebook)  and try to add the extension again.  Some older printers are not compatible with the extension but yours is relatively new so that's not likely to b ethe case.

Tutor
Message 9 of 13 (220 Views)

Hi, I forgot to mention when I did search for Chrome, I selected extensions, free was  down below extensions.  I didn't manage to open another window the same as showed me, so I didn't really progress from that !st window. I tried starting my chrome again but the same happened again. I think it looks as if I will  have to give up. Thank you so much for all your help you have tried to give me .

Regents Professor
Message 10 of 13 (216 Views)

Sorry that we couldn't work it out.

If you have a mobile device like a tablet or smartphone, I would recommend downloading the HP eprint or AIO app and trying to print your photos through this app as it offers lots of cropping and fit to page options. Once your mobile device and printer are connected to the same wifi network, you'll see your printer in the app.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation