Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3050
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I moved and brought my printer with me. I cannot get it to hook up to the wifi. I did the default button. I did the WPS button, I did the pin button. I also deleted the printer and then added it. I also downloaded from HP what was needed for my printer. I can connect via USB and it will print from my mac bool pro but cannot print wirelessly and my iPhone 11 can't see it either....because it isn't connecting to the wi fi. Does anyone have a solution for this? Getting frustrated here. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Lorraize

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

You may try to convert USB connection to wireless. Refer to this document to know how.

Note: If you do not have HP utility, click here to download the same.

• Make sure the printer and the MAC are connected to the same wireless network.
  • This printer supports only 2.4GHz network. So, the MAC/iOS device should be on the 2.4GHz network.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.
  • Also, check with your Internet service provider if your router is able to forward 'Bonjour packets'.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It does seem like my router has both the 2.4Hz and the 5GHz networks flashing. If I contact the cable company (Comcast xfinity) will they need to come out to the house to fix this? Is it possible to plug an apple airport into the router and get it to work off of that?

HP Recommended

@Lorraize

The Internet service provider may assist you over the phone to assign different names for both the networks. You may login to the EWS page of the router and assign different names.

Apple Airport is again a wireless router with dual-band. You may use any router to connect the printer to a wireless network.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.