Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Direct 42-HP Envy 4520 Series
iOS

Hi, I have an iphone6s, I recently updated the ios, since then I have not been able to print anything from my phone. I click the ‘share’ option but no print option is offered. I cannot even click ‘share’ to save a web page to my screen. Before I updated the ios I was always able to print and save everything to my phone screen. I looked in troubleshooting on a HP web page and it said ‘make sure printer is switched on in phone settings, but I cannot find anything to do with printers anywhere in settings. I need to print things and am totally baffled by this. Can anyone help me? Thank you. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @AnnSH

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the  "Cannot print from phone" issue. 

install the HP Smart app and set up the printer 

Install HP Smart From the App Store.

1. Make sure your mobile device is connected to your wireless network, and then open the HP Smart app.

2. iOS 13 and iPadOS: Allow Bluetooth and location permissions, if prompted.

For more information about how the HP Smart app uses Bluetooth and location, go to Why does the HP Smart app need Bluetooth and location permission in 

3. Add your printer to the app.

• If your printer displays with Set Up, tap the printer, follow the on-screen prompts to finish setting up your printer, and then continue to the next step.

• If your printer does not display, tap the Plus sign to select a printer from the list of found printers or set up a new one, and then follow the on-screen instructions.

Refer to this document to know how to print from HP Smart - Install and Use the HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS, iPadOS)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.