Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

My HP PSC All-in-One printer won't print from the internet even though it prints from word on Windows 8.  There is no error message, and nothing queued to print 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Okay thank you Marie!

Please try running the Print and Scan Dr. tool here: PSDR

(Choose fix printing)

When that is done, try printing from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox and let me know if any one of these browsers has an issue printing.

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Welcome to the forums @MarieD🙂

I understand you are unable to print from the internet. Please tell me which printer model you have and which operating system you are running. I will be happy to help!:)

Also tell me what troubleshooting steps you've already tried and the outcome.

Thank you:)

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Hi. My printer is HP PSC 1510 All-in-One. It's
HP Recommended

Okay thank you Marie!

Please try running the Print and Scan Dr. tool here: PSDR

(Choose fix printing)

When that is done, try printing from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox and let me know if any one of these browsers has an issue printing.

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi.  Something went wrong with my previous reply.  My printer is a HP PSC 1510 All-in-One.  I am not sure of the model number as I have it a number of years but it has always worked perfectly.  I recently restored my laptop to factory settings as I was having problems with Windows 10.  I am now back to Windows 8 but as a result of restoring the settings I lost my printer driver.  While I am not very IT savvy I did manage to reinstall it after going through various HP support pages.  The problem now is that while I can print off Word documents I cannot print anything from the internet.  

I would appreciate any help I can get with this as I use my laptop and printer a lot.

MarieD 

HP Recommended

Thanks Marie, please still try my suggestions from my previous message and let me know what happens!:)

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thank you Rainbow 7000.  Your suggestion re: Print and Scan Doctor seems to have solved the problem. Thank you so much 

MarieD

HP Recommended

@Rainbow7000 wrote:

Welcome to the forums @MarieD🙂

I understand you are unable to print from the internet. Please tell me which printer model you have and which operating system you are running. I will be happy to help!:)

Also tell me what troubleshooting steps you've already tried and the outcome.

Thank you:)

My printer is HP Deskjet F4480 and I run Vista.  I have run the HP Print and Scan Doctor (version for Vista) and also reinstalled the program and changed USB port.  Everything shows that I'm connected but it still doesn't print from the internet. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.