05-06-2018 02:27 PM
There is a question mark symbol (?) on printer display screen. I can't determine the reason it is there. I don't know if it is telling me my printer has a problem. I can't find information on the question mark symbol.
So far, I have done the following:
1) Turned printer on & off.
2) I unplugged the power plug and kept it unplugged for over a minute before plugging it back in.
3) I booted my system twice.
4) I restarted the print spooler.
5) I did a fresh download of software for my printer.
6) I opened the printer to ensure there are no jams and that cartridges are seated properly.
7) I removed printing paper and put in new paper.
😎 Successfully printed a test page.
9) Prints fine both network prints and PDFs.
10) Genuine HP ink cartridges in use.
05-06-2018 02:42 PM
It is the Help icon, touch to it you will see Help information Menu. Nothing wrong with it.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
05-14-2019 12:18 PM - edited 05-14-2019 12:19 PM
You cannot get rid of it, this is the help menu as listed above.
This is a normal feature of the printer to show the help menu and cannot be removed, this is how the printer is designed, see Figure 6 described below:
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
06-18-2019 08:31 PM
I've tried this numerous times, and it doesn't work. I bought a HP 6978 because I had this same issue with an HP 6968 and thought it was the printer. Now, it appears I've wasted $108 on something that all the sudden started happening on my HP products. This seems unfixable. Unless I can get true assistance from HP, I will be forced to spend another $100+ on a printer, and it will NOT be an HP. I've had HP printers exclusively. This is liable to change