Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have been having the same issues for several years with my HP Laserjet CP1525nw.  I have tried rebooting my router, updating printer firmware, restarting IPad / iPhone, and closing running apps. All of the above have seemed to work at different times, but the issue always recurs. Rebooting router then restarting printer works most of the time, but sometimes I have to do it twice. 

Is HP not keeping up with iOS updates?

Has as anyone found a permanent solution?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Nordic_Prince

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP LaserJet CP1525nw. I understand that you are getting issues in printing via Airprint and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

• Move the router closer to the printer.
  • Restart all devices, and make sure they are on the same network.
  • Make sure the router can forward Bonjour packets.
  • Try to print from another device or computer.

Click here and follow the steps mentioned in the document to perform above mentioned steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks, Sandy. I have tried your suggestions in the past but the problem persists. I can always get it to print eventually, and it then it works for a while, but eventually one the printer goes offline.

Sometimes restarting the printer fixes the issue. Sometimes I need to restart both the printer and Apple device, and sometimes I have to reboot the router as well. It seems to happen more after iOS updates. At one time over a year ago, a firmware update resolved the issue, but I checked and I am now on the latest version.
HP Recommended

Hi @Nordic_Prince,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the printer goes offline after some time.

Let me jump in with a solution for this issue in place of my colleague as he is out of the office today.

This issue could occur if the router firmware is not updated.

Hence, I suggest that you contact your router manufacturer and check for any firmware updates.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.