Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hi there
I bought a printer hp3700, having a hard time to connect. Keeps asking password, don't know what it is. Please help me

Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Please provide the following relevant information so someone can help including:

Printer Model – done
Operating System of computer -
Detailed Problem Description including all network devices (extenders, switches)-
Connection Method - USB, Hardwired LAN, Wireless, Wireless Direct? -
Make and model number of router and modem? -
Error messages - on printer screen and/or computer, any blinking light patterns? –
Is the printer plugged directly into the wall outlet?  Do not use any UPS, power strip or surge protector.  Yes this WILL cause the printer to drop offline and print strangely.
Do you think the printer is going to sleep and can’t wake up? -
If wireless, when the problem occurs, what is the status of Blue Wireless light on the printer, on, off or blinking? –

HP Recommended

Hi,

It would likely to be a WiFi direct password to connect directly to the printer witout a router?

Have you tried entering 12345678?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

12345678 worked for me! Thank you!

HP Recommended

DIFICULDADES DE IMPRIMIR

@Hp264 wrote:
Hi there
I bought a printer hp3700, having a hard time to connect. Keeps asking password, don't know what it is. Please help me

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.