Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same issue with my OfficeJet Pro 8725. I can only see the cartridge status and the network status, all other options require me to log in and all login names and passwords are rejected. I found out how to get into the reset menu (4 times back key) and tried the partial reset and the semi-full reset. After setting up the printer the EWS page ask for a name and password again and nothing is accepted. Do I have to uninstall all software and reinstall it again or am I making another mistake?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @pjthys – Hope you are well 🙂

Thank you for engaging in HP Support Forums. I am glad to be of your assistance!

I understand your printer is asking for an administrator password. Is the printer connected to the network already? If so, let’s try to fix the issue by following the steps mentioned below:

All you have to do is RESTORE NETWORK DEFAULT settings on the front control panel - follow this path on the front panel of your 8725 Wireless: Setup Menu> Network> Restore Network defaults, this will reset them to default

1) password access requirement is turned OFF

2) username default is ADMIN

3) password is BLANK

If the issue persists, then we will have to completely reset the printer. I am sending you a private message to perform the reset on your printer. Please click on the mailbox icon at the top-right corner to access your inbox.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, @pjthys – Hope you are well 🙂

Thank you for engaging in HP Support Forums. I am glad to be of your assistance!

I understand your printer is asking for an administrator password. Is the printer connected to the network already? If so, let’s try to fix the issue by following the steps mentioned below:

All you have to do is RESTORE NETWORK DEFAULT settings on the front control panel - follow this path on the front panel of your 8725 Wireless: Setup Menu> Network> Restore Network defaults, this will reset them to default

1) password access requirement is turned OFF

2) username default is ADMIN

3) password is BLANK

If the issue persists, then we will have to completely reset the printer. I am sending you a private message to perform the reset on your printer. Please click on the mailbox icon at the top-right corner to access your inbox.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I did do exactly what you said in your private message already, I did it again, no luck, and again, no luck, and again, no luck. But somehow there was a new option in the normal menu to reset the network, and that worked. Unfortunately I don't know how I got there, but in the end, all works well again. I'm not gonna put a password on my EWS again 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello, @pjthys

Thanks for the update & Great stuff! Glad to know that you were able to fix the issue 🙂

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you again and may you also have a great day and even better tomorrow :)​​​

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.