Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

The printer started working again, so evidently an intermittent problem either in the printer or the computer.

Go figure and sorry for the inconvenience.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Series of weird things Kumar. Had trouble printing for several months, tried everything.

So I finally just performed an image restore from 2017.

However, the computer would not boot into win 7 when I powered on the computer. What a coincidence. 

So, this past week, I compared restart after an image restore and all worked ok, printer and all.

But power off and on and win 7 would not open desktop.

So  I replaced the cmos battery, and all is ok, for the past week.

The obvious printer problem was in Windows. (I already tried the print spooler, manually removing driver, all that stuff.)

I appreciate your time and efforts Kumar. I am sorry I wasted your time and the forum's time with an obvious Windows problem.

Pos

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

I have a deskjet 1056 on top, in back says 1050A/J410. I have tried every trick in the book, and reloaded yet again.

I just ran scan doctor and the communications stop about 1/16" from the right side. Been having this trouble for 3 months.

Scans perfectly. Running windows 7 ultimate, 64 bit.

help.

posi

HP Recommended

Acted up again, and found out that neither win 7 ultimate uninstall nor HP would uninstall the driver.

I found a website that stated I might have to manually delete the driver.

What I did was, from memory some weeks ago, so I might be a little off.

1. Got into Print Management.

2. Double clicked on print servers.

3. Right clicked on icon for my printer

4. Clicked properties

5. Clicked the drivers tab and my driver to remove it. I could not remove the driver or package manually.

6. I tried other tabs in that section, fumbling around, and found another tab listing the driver, so clicked and was able to delete the driver.

7. I reinstalled the HP program and all has been working fine since.

I hope this helps others.

cheers

posi

HP Recommended

Intermittent printing again, so restored entire computer with 2017 backup. Seems to work just fine now. We'll see how it goes this time.

cheers

posi

HP Recommended

Hi @posi

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

• Check the connection between the printer and the PC.
  • Before printing, make sure the printer is not in sleep mode. You may press any button on the printer to wake it.
  • As you have restored the Win 7 OS on the PC, and using HP print driver, it would help the printer to perform well. 

Let me know if the issue persists.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Series of weird things Kumar. Had trouble printing for several months, tried everything.

So I finally just performed an image restore from 2017.

However, the computer would not boot into win 7 when I powered on the computer. What a coincidence. 

So, this past week, I compared restart after an image restore and all worked ok, printer and all.

But power off and on and win 7 would not open desktop.

So  I replaced the cmos battery, and all is ok, for the past week.

The obvious printer problem was in Windows. (I already tried the print spooler, manually removing driver, all that stuff.)

I appreciate your time and efforts Kumar. I am sorry I wasted your time and the forum's time with an obvious Windows problem.

Pos

HP Recommended

Well, the printer started doing the same thing again. Attempted to print a 2 page document and hung up. It will print about a paragraph and then stops. This after I restored using a July 2019 image, which was working fine at the time.

Stopped, started the print spooler, unplugged the printer and plugged in again. I am afraid of purchasing a new printer and then find out it is win 7 and the printer is fine, or maybe it is the software or the printer.I just got all my passwords, emails, favorites, program update finished this past week, hours and hours of work.

I am at my wits end.

posi

HP Recommended

Well, I just stopped the spooler and restarted, and the printer won't print any part of a page now, just sits there.

When I go to printer it says error printing. So I cancelled all print jobs to rid of the print.

So I ran troubleshoot in Win 7 and no problems found.

Now, I just ran HPPsdr 5.3 scan  doctor and it just hung up while communicating with the printer. It is about

1/16" of an inch from finishing. Eventually I attempted to cancel and it is stuck, can't delete the window.

It just sits there in "communicating with HP deskjet 1050 J410 series.

What do I do?????

posi

HP Recommended

Well, I tried doing a simple restore instead of a restore image. It did its restore operation and when win 7

desktop opened, an error message came up stating it did not restore. I forget the exact error code but something like 0x800 xxxxxx, whatever. I have tried restoring before and it says error, did not restore.

Anyway, exasperated, I thought let's do a print of something, nothing to lose,

and the printer worked perfectly printing two pages. It would not print anything before the restore.

So what in the world is going on? How does an error code come up, no restore, yet the restore occurred?

I give up figuring out computers. Frankly, I wish I had XP again. Never had any problems.

posi

HP Recommended

Hi @posi

It seems like the system restore was successful. Are you able to print fine now?

Try printing to make sure the functionality of the printer.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.