Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

It seems to be printing fine, although once it seemed to stop near the end of a print job Kuman. I will continue

to check it from time to time even if I don't need to print.

cheers and thanks.

posi

HP Recommended

Sure, do keep us posted 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks Betty. Since I last posted I have had some problems printing. I performed a restore twice and the printer worked just fine. But afterward, when I ran Defrag, the printer stopped printing, an error again.

Any chance I have a virus, trojan or whatever? For additional information, I have ccleaner and Glary Utilities, Malware Antimalware premium, and Windows Defender.

I have two antivirus programs now and just checked, and neither found any virus, malware etc. Maybe a hardware problem?

I am thinking of running a backup image from 2017 to see if that solves the problem, but I wish your input first.

cheers

posi

HP Recommended

@posi

Welcome back!

What is the error you get currently?

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Betty,

Well, when I went to print, maybe nothing would print, maybe half a page, most of a  page. This has been going on for months now. This next is difficult for me to describe. I would click on the little printer icon in the bottom right tray

and a small box would come up in the upper left corner saying HP deskjet 1050 J410 series printing, with

name, status, owner, pages, size etc.......

Hold on,,, I just attempted to print a pdf just now and under status says error - prin just occurred again. Size of file is 29.4KB/64KB

The printer printed just the top line and stopped. After a minute or so, it just spit the paper out. The printer's power

light is just blinking and the HP symbol in the  bottom right tray is blinking.

This crap has been going on for months. I can't afford another printer, if that is what it is.

I just did an image backup from 2017 this morning, trying to make sure win 7 was in the best condition possible, nearly 3 years before my problems started, and has worked all day. Now this crap again.

I am at a loss.

pos

ps. Just tried printing again, and absolutely nothing, Under status it says error - prin

pss. I just ran scan doctor again, it found issues, and went to print test page, Nothing, nothing, not even a hint

of trying to print.

HP Recommended

I just ran HP easy start 11_0_4498_30 exe. New software. Page would not print at all. Nothing.

I am going to do a restore and see what happens.

Any ideas?

pos

HP Recommended

Well, I just used HPs easy start to install all the HP software. Printer did not work. So I thought I would run

Glary Utilities and found/rid of 2000+ trackers and 300+ mb of file cleaned. I run Glary all the time, so this must have

come from using easy start? Then I rebooted and the printer works fine again. I don't know what to think. 

Will keep informed.

pos

HP Recommended

Well, it started acting up again. Prints ~80% of page, then down to 10%. Tried HP easy start twice now

and the printing is still intermittent. I guess I will try a restore again and see what happens.

HP Recommended

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Betty,

Well, some things have been happening over the past several months. When I boot up, no programs would open for me. Another time, only some programs would. One time Malware Anti-malware would not open, yet the tray icon said all 4 "engines" were on. Of course I had all kinds of printing problems. I image restored dozens of times, clear back to 2017 image. Of course the images were from an external disk. Yet from minutes to a day or so weird things would happen.

The other day, suddenly, it got so bad that one morning I booted up and my "libraries" icon (Explorer) was gone and some weird icon in its place. I had no "libraries" (Explorer) any more, None. I found the entire "libraries" was in my recycle bin. Luckily I was able to use restore.

I believe, the way Malware techs responded to rid my IP address and get another, that there has been a hacker in my computer. I requested a new IP address and my server would get back to me.

Malware had me run some programs and upload 2 txt for him to examine. They provided a fixlog.txt and I have every thing working for the past few days.

Will see how things continue to go and will check back every now and then. I want to thank all involved for their patience, time, and help.

cheers

pos

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.