Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp Tango X

Recently the documents I’m printing have this strike through effect ...and some sentences are just blank . The black  ink and color cartridge  are not  low .whats the problem ? Do keep in mind the red x keeps flashing while printing . 

please help ! I cannot read my printouts 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@NouraMish

Welcome to HP support community.

Which operating system is installed on the computer to which this printer is connected?

Meanwhile:

Try the steps mentioned in this HP document to fix the issue:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I print from my iPad and iPhone which was perfectly  well ,  my iPad is OS 13.4  . My apple iPad is the device which I use the most ... my apple phone is 13.3.1     I clicked on the link  but didn’t solve my problem 

thank u for your message : ) and if you have other tips to offer to help plz do : ) printing documents are essential !!

HP Recommended

I forgot to mention I print wirelessly 

HP Recommended

@NouraMish, thank you for the information. Let ys try these steps to resolve the print quality issues:

• Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF or photos and check if the issue persists?

Clean the ink cartridges

1. Make sure your Android or Apple iOS device is on the same wireless network as your printer.

2. Open HP Smart, and then select HP Tango or Tango X, if it is not already selected.

3. Tap Printer Settings.

4. Under Tools, tap Print Quality Tools.

5. Next to Clean Printhead, tap Clean.

After the printhead cleaning procedure, the printer prints a Print Quality Diagnostic report.

6. Examine the print quality on the Print Quality Diagnostic report. Check if the issue persists.

For more info on resolving print quality issues, refer to this document.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help but seems like I need to take it to Hp maintnance here in saudi arabia after quarentine period is over ,because i tried what you suggested which is printer self cleaning ,even HP askes if i need second level then 3rd level and still quality is not satisfactory .

Anyhow I aprecciate the efforts of the HP team : ) 

HP Recommended

@NouraMish

yes, you can take the printer there and get it fixed.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.