Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 3830
iOS

I recently updated my iPhone to IOS 13.1.3. It's changed the HP Smart printing app and I can no longer resize my image before printing. I create custom stencils for my business and size them in reference to the page. This option no longer exists... Is there anyway to get this option back???

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

These two screen shots show where the settings are

IMG_0797_LI.jpg

IMG_0798_LI (2).jpg

HP Recommended

Hello,

I use this aswell on my iPad Pro and require this resize feature due to the same reason as the user who created this topic. Unfortunately I don’t have the option as per the screenshots above. The first is fine but the second doesn’t show any resize the design on say an A4 piece of paper and this is causing an extreme difficulty issue with my job as its now a lot more complicated. I must now send to my pc via email and then resize it and then print. Not sure why this is not showing for me. I’ve removed the app and reinstalled but still doesn’t show.

many thanks

HP Recommended

Select the photo in HP Smart.

Then tap on the lower left corner of the image, select manual, then pinch image to resize.

IMG_0801.jpg

HP Recommended

When you say to select the photo in HP Smart, what option do you select when you first open the app? I don’t see any option to just open a picture, just print and scan basically.

thanks 

HP Recommended

Here is the part of my iPhone 6 screen that shows PRINT PHOTO.

If you don't get that then tap on Personalize Tiles, and turn on what you need to see.

If you get a totally different screen, then post it here with phone model.

IMG_0802.jpg

HP Recommended

iPad pro 2017

see attached bud.

F3D8A73E-DA26-4835-893E-564BCE4FABA9.png01BB3DA4-3645-450A-A31C-F45183993247.png6BF5A0D0-8D2D-4D0A-9E34-55B15B0AC98C.png

HP Recommended

Tap on the printer in the first image, then tap on the lower left corner of the image, then tap manual, and pinch to resize.

IMG_0803_LI.jpg

IMG_0804_LI.jpg

HP Recommended

Finally!  Thank you!!  There is no indication that you now need to touch the photo itself instead of just the icon.  I’ve tried every way possible to reduce the size (not crop!) of photos, and this is the first one that is correct and works.  You rock!!!

HP Recommended

Thanks,  Glad to be of help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.