Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
That worked! However, when I print out the network configuration page from the printer it does not show those values entered in the DNS. How come it said "successful" when I put them in as you instructed me too, but when I look at the configuration afterwards it doesn't show those values in there??
HP Recommended

Hi Jeff1512,

Great glad it worked for you.  

The DNS information should be changed on the printer you might have to power off the printer and turn it back on before the changes are updated on the print out.

HP Recommended

@garytech1 wrote:

Hi Jeff1512,

Thanks for the reply.  Try the steps below.  

1. Open an internet browser type printer's IP address.

2. Should bring you to the printer's status page.

3. Select network tab at the top.

4. Left hand side select IPv4 under wireless.

5. Under DNS address Configuration select Manual DNS Server.

6. For Preferred enter 8.8.8.8

7. For Alternate enter 8.8.4.4

8. Select apply. You might get a warning saying this could interrupt connection that's fine.

9. Turn printer off for about 30 seconds then try again.

Let me know how it goes. 

I just tried these settings and the google DNS servers were already in there before I made any changes to it so more than likely, phone support with someone in the office ha already done this in the past.  For the sake of troubleshooting, I did take out the numbers and change it to automatic, rebooted the printer and tried again.  no luck.  changed the manual DNS servers back to the way they were with the 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and rebooted the printer and tried again.  Still no luck.

**edit**   They just called from the office after rebooting a 2nd time and they said the Scan to Email web app is now working. I will update if and when it breaks.  Will give it a few days and give KUDOS where KUDOS is due  🙂

Thanks

HP Recommended

cde311

Great glad its working. 

Keep me posted.

HP Recommended

Hello,

What Preferred and Alternate code should I sue for an HP Envy 120 printer? 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as well or are different codes for this printer model?

HP Recommended

Hi Martin007. The manual DNS you have selected is commonly used to help to connect to web services. It is Google's DNS servers. What specific problem are you attempting to resolve?

What is Google Public DNS?
https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

This didn't fix anything.

HP Recommended

Hi burnetti. Did you have a specific question?

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

This problem has arose out of my HP Officejet 6700 Printer as well. Worked great for 3 weeks and today it decided to stop working right when financial requests were due. So... I'm terrible with technological jargon, though I'm not a complete idiot so if someone can walk me through the resolution, that'd be great. 

HP Recommended

Hi Roxcorduroy. If you are using Scan To Email and the attachment isn't received when you use the App, you will need to contact HP Cloud Services for a real time server status update. A workaround would be to manually scan the documents to your computer and attach them to an email.

HP Cloud Services 1-855-785-2777
Mon - Fri 8:00 am - 11:00 pm Eastern
Saturdays 10:00 am - 6:30 pm Eastern

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.