Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I currently have the issue with the Scan-to-email app where after I select photo or document it gives me the printer was unable to connect to the server.

I have tried the DNS change, reset it multiple times, and other apps work fine.

I am connected to a Router that is not controlled by me though, (2 companies, same building, they know we are on it)  The wireless works great.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

HP Recommended
Well the problem is happening again I'm guessing. It did this same issue for months when I first purchased it a year ago. It did eventually get fixed only to happen again and again it takes weeks for them to fix it and it's very frustrating!! HP really needs to figure this out cause it's very inconvenient!! It's a great feature but so totally unreliable. I have not used it lately but if the rest of u are having this problem yet again, I'm sure mine is not working either. So all I can say is just keep trying eventually it will work. 😐😕
HP Recommended

HI BeasleyAV. If all other web services components are working, the fix is to remove Web Services and turn them back on. One of the side effects will be having to re-add your printer to your ePrint account and re-customize your ePrint email address.

Use this document under "Frequently asked questions (FAQs)" expand the section "What if I lose my printer code before registering?"
That will have the steps to take to remove and re-enable Web Services.
Getting Started with ePrint
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02908385

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thanks for these steps.  They didn't solve the scan2email no attachment issue, but they did solve other issues I have.  After these steps I can finally use AirPrint and the print2email works -where you can send an email to an hp address and it prints on the printer-.  

So, great 2 out of 3 issues resolved by this.  Keep working.  thx

HP Recommended

We have an HP Photosmart 5520 at work, and I am having the same problem there as others with different models.  It says it is scanning the document or picture, sending it, I receive a letter, but there is no attachment with the material that was scanned.  I have tried turning it off and back on in the settings, and unplugging and rebooting the printer as suggested in one of the posts, but to no avail.  Still the same problem.  What gives?  How do I get it to actually email the scanned items??

HP Recommended

Hello,

Brand new OJ6700 premium, the same pb as others, mail is sent but without the attachement.

May be, upgrading the softwares inside.

HP Recommended

I have the same scan-to-email app issue, email comes through but no attachement. I bought my 6700 in September and the scan-to-email app was working fine, about a week ago did try and started to have the issue.

Please HP fix it again, thanks!

HP Recommended

Having the same issue, but on another device.

HP Recommended

Everyone concerned, my answer regarding scan to email not sending an attachment is here.

Re: Eprint Scan to e-mail - SCAN not attached:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/ePrint-Print-Apps-Mobile-Printing-and-ePrintCenter/Eprint-Scan-to-e-mai...

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

If you have a mobile device (such as an iphone or tablet) you can download (for free) the app: HP All In One Remote from the appStore or Playstore. Download, install and activate (if required).

Touch the 'Scan' icon to get the Scan screen; then touch the Scan icon (at the bottom) to scan. You will see a 'preview' screen showing the image. You will have 3 options at the bottom:  share(3 dots connected), print (a printer) or save(a floppy drive).  If you select share, the next pop up asks for a file name and allows you to choose .pdf (for documents) or .jpeg(for images). Once selected the next screen allows you to share it via Google Drive, Gmail or Email.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.