Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP 426fdw

I can't print anything sent from gmail.com or any Google email account to the printer via ePrint (email address). It works, for example, from optimum.net

I have not set up any restricted or allowed email addresses. Why is that? This is just a simple procedure of sending emails so I do not believe that this issue originates from the Google side.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@lk777 

Not sure what you are doing, of course.

Observations:

gmail (and Yahoo, perhaps others) allows a "two-step authorization" setting to increase security.  For the purpose of sending to your printer email, switch off this feature and switch on support for less secure apps (both these are set within your gmail account security).  If you do not wish to open a particular gmail address in this way, create another address for the purpose of sending email jobs to the printer.

Not using "Allowed" settings in HP Connected, is (of course) a choice.  Know that leaving (or setting) your ePrint email address to allow just anyone to send jobs to your printer is fine as long as someone does not discover (the open door) and use the lack of security against you. 

Testing...

In general, the following works with gmail (assuming the security is set to "less restrictive"):

• Open gmail in your favorite browser
  • Open an email that you wish to send to the printer
  • Click to Forward the email
  • Enter the printer email in the "To" line (recipient) - for example MyFancyEprintAddress@hpeprint.com
  • Click to send the email

Content that may not print - embedded images in the mail (those images not "Attached")

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I thought I was clear on what I am trying to accomplish. All those Google security settings are applied when their email accounts are used by the 3rd party to send email messages. It would be true if I wanted to use Gmail account as a service account on the printer to send scanned documents via email. But I just send email with attached documents to be printed via ePrint (to @hpeprint.com)

HP Recommended

@lk777 

You are clear.  Honestly, I did not think the gmail security would be the problem - just something to check off the list of "possible" issues.

Might be helpful to test the setup using your "owner" account first.  If you change your HP Connected account login to one of your personal gmail addresses, you could at least verify that the setup works for you.

ePrint, and HP ePrint Email Job Does Not Print

If I think of anything else, I will post back.

Another Expert and an Agent might also have something useful to add.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Did you ever get an answer? I have the same issue,  only when using a gmail account to send the message from to the printer. If I just send from a yahoo (not my regular email), the file makes it to the printer's @HPeprint.com address.

HP Recommended

Here is an interesting twist. If I send the email from my personal gmail account (@gmail.com), ePrint works. But if I send it from my corporate gmail account (we use google apps to provide our email services), then I get the failure message. "The response from the remote server was: 550 5.7.1 Command rejected"

Anyone?

HP Recommended

@nomarkup

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

To help you further with this, let us know the Printer name.

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.