Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hello,

Out of the blue my scan to email app is no longer working on my HP Officejet Pro 8600. I am getting the error that says check the connection to your server. I have done this. My server connection is just fine, and my WiFi signal strength is very strong. I have no problem e-printing I just can't scan to email anymore. I have unplugged, restarted, restored, and updated the firmware, but still no luck.

I see a lot of you are having a similar problem.

Please help!

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
happytohelp01,

Thank you for the phone #. The woman at HP solved my problem. For others out there, below is the solution that helped me.

-Get your printer's IP Address (Can find this under Network Config under Settings)
-Type the IP into your web browser
-On the left-hand side click on iPV4 under WIRED or WIRELESS (however you are connected)
-Click Manual DNS
-Under preferred type 8.8.8.8
-Under alternate type 8.8.4.4
-Unplug Modem from the wall. Wait 30 seconds. Plug back in.
-Turn off your printer by pushing the power button. Wait 30 seconds. Power on.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39
HP Recommended

Hi mfin2005,

Welcome to the HP Support forums.  I gather that you are no longer able to use the Scan to Email app found on the front panel of your Officejet Pro 8600 printer.

Please call HP’s Cloud Services at 1-855-785-2777 if you live in the USA/Canada region. If you live outside the USA/Canada region please click here to find the Technical Support number for your country/region.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
happytohelp01,

Thank you for the phone #. The woman at HP solved my problem. For others out there, below is the solution that helped me.

-Get your printer's IP Address (Can find this under Network Config under Settings)
-Type the IP into your web browser
-On the left-hand side click on iPV4 under WIRED or WIRELESS (however you are connected)
-Click Manual DNS
-Under preferred type 8.8.8.8
-Unplug Modem from the wall. Wait 30 seconds. Plug back in.
-Turn off your printer by pushing the power button. Wait 30 seconds. Power on.

Hope this helps.
HP Recommended

I have same problem.  Before few week app was function but now NO. Conection to internet and WIFI is OK.

I´m from Czech republic (Europe)

Please, help.

HP Recommended

Hello Piotrpp,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I gather that you are unable to use the scan to email feature of your HP printer.

You didn’t mention which HP printer you have but please follow the steps below.

1. Please turn off your printer. 

2. Please turn off your router.  If your router doesn’t have an on/off switch, please unplug the power cord from the router.

3. After waiting a full 60 seconds please turn on your router (or plug it back in). 

4. After the router has completed its startup routine please turn on your printer.

5. After the printer has completed its startup routine, please test the scan to email feature.  If it works there no need to continue with any further trouble shooting steps.

6. Please set a manual IP address and manual DNS servers for the printer. I have included a link to another post with the steps, including screen shots on how to do this.   Don’t worry that the screen shots show a Photosmart 7510 printer, the steps are the same. If you don’t have a Photosmart/Envy printer, please use the steps from HP’s Wireless Printing Center – Common questions for the steps to set a manual IP address. Please click on the + beside ‘Wireless connection issues”. Please click on the + beside “Will a static IP address keep my computer from losing communication with my wireless printer?”. For the Preferred Manual DNS Server please use 8.8.8.8 and for the Alternate Manual DNS Server please use 8.8.4.4. These are Google’s public DNS servers.

7. Please test the scan to email feature.  If it works there is no need to continue with any further trouble shooting steps.

8. Please call HP’s Cloud Services at 1-855-785-2777 if you live in the USA/Canada region. If you live outside the USA/Canada region please click here to find the Technical Support number for your country/region.

Thank you.

Regards,
Happytohelp

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, the same problem has returned.  The manual DNS codes of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 worked for a couple of months, but now I am getting the same error.  Is there another code I can use?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Sorry, but app still announce " Server Connection Error". Conection to internet is not problem. Some problem is in server which sending email.......

I dont undestud what was change. Before few week app was function (DNS server seting and IP adress was seting " automatically" ). Now I try change manualy seting DNS server and IP :

-preferred type 8.8.8.8

Still don´t work!

Please test the app and suggest corekt solution.

Thanks

regard

piotr

HP Recommended

Hi mfin2005 and Piotrpp,

Thank you for the updates.

If you have been through the steps in my post and you are still unable to connect, please call HP’s Cloud Services at 1-855-785-2777 if you live in the USA/Canada region. If you live outside the USA/Canada region please click here to find the Technical Support number for your country/region.

Regards,
Happytohelp

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I am having this very same problem - and tried all other sugegstions. Any chance I can get this private solution as well? And why are you making this private - what's the secret here?

Thanks
Peter

HP Recommended

I found mistake. Everybody we are install new version firmware to printer. Printer install new firmware automatically. This is wrong code version of firmware "CKP1CN1416AR".

Appeal:

Hello guys from IT department of HP!!! We are waiting for new good firmware!!!!

Piotr

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.