Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Today - on my HP printer I got a printed up bank statement from someone I do not know, not my account.  I do not use that bank!!  .  I am connected by cable.   Is this HP fault or virus??

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

My printer is HP Deskjet 3637

HP Recommended

@Idahomusic

Welcome to the HP Support Community

How is the printer connected? (USB or Ethernet)

Could you please help me with the operating system of the computer?

Keep me posted.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I am connected by ethernet

HP Recommended

@Idahomusic

Any computer or mobile device connected to your network with the printer driver install can print on your printer.

Keep me posted.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I am the only one connected to my printer at home via cable through Cable One.  I am the only person living here.  No one has access to my computer.  Through no intervention by me, all of sudden my printer started printing up someone's bank statement.  I do not use wifi or have any cloud accounts.  I am just a simple computer use here at home.

HP Recommended

@Idahomusic

Run a malware scan on the computer.

Then, run HP Print and Scan Doctor to fix the driver issue.

Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/topic/printscandoctor to download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

The malware scan was negative.  The scan Doctor was done.  Logically, a driver would not be an issue.  The probloem would have to be HP Connect accounts.  I do not use wireless printing, I do not even have a smart phone.  The only way this could happen is HP way of storring information of ink cartridge identities.  A few days beforre, I replaced the black ink cartridge with one from Cartridge World.  It is most evident that the former ownerof this cartridge information was stored on your site.  When she wanted to print out her bank statement, HP ROUTED  that file to my printer.  This is a security leak on HP's part.  This is something HP really needs to resolve.  It is evident thatt HP stores a lot of personal information just by using their cartidges. 

HP Recommended

@Idahomusic

I would personally suggest you contact our HP Support for one on one interaction. 

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: https://www.hp.com/contacthp

Step 2. Sign in / sign in as a guest

Step 3. Enter the product number or select to auto detect

Step 4. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 5. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Keep me posted on further assistance. Hope that helps! 

Have a great day ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.