Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (87 Views)
Accepted Solution

Tablet and Phone print wireless and Laptop prints via USB , but not wireless

Product Name: envy 4500
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Envy 4500 has stoped printing wireless from my laptop. It still prints using UBS .

Also it prints wireless from my phone and tablet without the UBS attached.

Help.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Tablet and Phone print wireless and Laptop prints via USB , but not wireless

Hello, @Dennis4113 – Hope you are well Smiley Happy

Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a great location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I understand that you are facing issues while printing wirelessly to your Envy printer from the laptop. This looks like a driver issue on your PC. Simply follow the steps below to try and fix this:

• Unplug the USB cable from the printer and computer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Envy printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click on http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL47762/mp-115701-6/EN4500_198.exe to download and install the printer drivers.
  • In the connection type window, select “Wireless” and continue with the on-screen instructions to finish the setup.
  • Try printing once done.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Good luck Smiley Happy

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

View solution in context
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (68 Views)

Re: Tablet and Phone print wireless and Laptop prints via USB , but not wireless

Hello, @Dennis4113 – Hope you are well Smiley Happy

Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a great location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I understand that you are facing issues while printing wirelessly to your Envy printer from the laptop. This looks like a driver issue on your PC. Simply follow the steps below to try and fix this:

• Unplug the USB cable from the printer and computer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Envy printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click on http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL47762/mp-115701-6/EN4500_198.exe to download and install the printer drivers.
  • In the connection type window, select “Wireless” and continue with the on-screen instructions to finish the setup.
  • Try printing once done.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Good luck Smiley Happy

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation