Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I turn my Envy 4520 printer online?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Graywallis

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

1. From the printer control panel, touch ( Wireless ). 2. Touch ( Settings ). 3. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard. 4. Follow the display instructions to complete the setup.

Make sure the Wireless Icon the Printer is solid blue which means that the Printer is connected to the Wi-Fi once the above step is done.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. As the printer is now working, I will wait till another failure occurs and try your method. I will let you know if it works.

@Graywallis wrote:

How do I turn my Envy 4520 printer online?

HP Recommended

I'm glad to hear that and you're most welcome. Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

Have a nice day!:)

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I had a failure 2 days in a row. Yesterday your solution worked perfectly. Today, it did not. I re-installed the software/drivers and the laptop could not see the printer, even when told to look for the correct ip address. I then switched printer and router off and left for 20 minutes. Follwoing switch on again, reconnecting the printer (same ip address) all worked as expected and normal printing has resumed. 

Meantime, printing from an Android tablet (wireless) continued to operate as normal.

The laptop concerned is an HP 10" running Windows 10 with a 480GB SSD.

An easy solution would be appreciated.

HP Recommended

Let's run the HP Print and Scan Doctor:

Use this link for details on using the HP Print and Scan doctor: https://hp.care/2JyaC93

Once done, follow the remaining steps from this document under additional troubleshooting: https://support.hp.com/ph-en/topic/diagnostics?category=printing&issue=printer-offline

Let me know if this helps.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried the HP print and Scan doctor many times in the past. Occasionally (not very often) it cures the problem. The only guarranteed method is to delete the printer from the HP laptop and reinstall from the driver installation .exe file (I have a multitude of these  files as there  was some confusion initially on HP's behalf as to which was the correct installation software) turning off the router for a while and switching off the printer and disconnecting the printer for a short time (5 minutes). That method takes time and is overly complex, meantime the printer mostly (not always) is still functional from other pcs or Android tablets. I have never needed to reinstall the driver on the other devices, just disconnect printer power.

I was hoping for a simpler cure.

HP Recommended

Let's assign a Manual IP address to the Printer: 

Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to get the IP address.

Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.

Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.

Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)

Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.

Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

This should help.

Let me know.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately that doesn't work. The only solution I have found is to delete and then reinstall the software on the parent pc. That works every time. Both pc and printer are HP products

HP Recommended

@Graywallis 

Thanks for getting back to us.

Does this happen with any other Computer too just this Computer?

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.