Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Turning off printer every time I want to print

HP Recommended
Hp laser jet color 200 mfp M276nw
iOS

One week ago, HP installed a network security system for our house because the rep found foreign IP addresses in the system. He said that is why my printer would do nothing but sit there after 24 hours of working fine. He installed the software, wiped my laptop and reinstalled the printer. Since then, every time I open the hp app, it’s screen comes up and all choices are grayed out. It proceeds to look for air print printers and always replies there are none after each search. If I turn the printer off and then on, it is then recognized in the app but not without the off/on. (When printing from the iPad, the only format is 4x6. Crazy, huh? If I want 8x10 or any other size, I use the hp app because I can set the paper size for the photo to fill.) App has always done a great job, until now. And, yes, the printer and iPad are on the same network every minute of every day. Help me get the printer recognized w/o having to turn it off/on every time I open the app.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
146 144 9 23
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hello

I understand that your HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276nw keeps disconnecting from the network.

Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help fix this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: http://hp.care/2fdzD5U

Let me know how that works.

Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your quick reply!

I followed the link and did only the first 4 steps because the wireless test in 4 revealed 2 problems labeled “Critical: Action required.” 

1.  The WPA authentication on printer is changed from default. May cause problems connecting to wireless if router is not using the same WPA auth.

2.  MAC address filtering May be enabled on your router which can prevent printer from connecting to wireless in setup. If MAC address filter is enabled, you want to keep it enabled. Add the MAC address of printer to list of permitted devices on router before continuing. MAC add is on Network Sum Rep. 

I really hate adjusting the router because sometimes that causes more problems. But, what’s your best advice?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
146 144 9 23
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi ursamomma,
I understand your situation please give me one or two days . I will check with my colleagues from printer team and I will give best solution to you
Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation