Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet2600 series
Other

I am unable to print from my Google pixel mobile device becuase of the error message unable to communicate with printer. All other set up and connections between hp smart app and phone have worked successfully, this error message is received when actually going to perform the print. Have reinstalled app numerous times. Works no problems from my husband's IPhone

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Natalie32, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

• Make sure the printer and the mobile device are connected to the same wireless network.
  • This printer supports only 2.4GHz network.

To know how to use and print from HP Smart app, refer to this document.

Alternatively, use WiFi Direct to print and check if that works

Refer to this document to know how.

Note: You will not have the Internet access on your phone while using WiFi Direct.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response, iv tried both methods and still receiving the same error message of "unable to communicate with printer"

(Husband's IPhone set up still no problems )

HP Recommended

@Natalie32

If the printer is connected and working fine with an iPhone or any other device on the network, it seems like an issue with the Pixel phone settings. I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction with our HP Support team.

I would request you to contact them for further assistance.

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi thanks for this however when i follow the instructions the 2 options i get are...

1. i have to pay for telephone support.

2. post a question on this forum (like i already have done)

neither are really acceptable options in my opinion

Natalie

HP Recommended

@Natalie32

I have sent you a private message with the details to contact HP Support. Kindly check the same.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.