10-28-2019 09:35 AM
HP OfficeJet 3830. Great and inexpensive all in one printer, if only it would stay connected to the wifi. Printer drops connection after 5 minutes, tried everything, troubleshot till blue in the face, no joy. Reconnects on printer reboot, so frustrating.
Has anyone solved this problem yet?
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-28-2019 09:52 AM
See this post.
Setting a static ip fixed it.
10-31-2019 09:09 AM
I don't have a 3830, so I can't give you step by step, I found these steps in a post for the 3830.
• Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to get the IP address.
• Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
• Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
• Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
• Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
• Click on the radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 184.108.40.206 and under manual alternate type 220.127.116.11 (This is Google DNS server address).
10-31-2019 09:48 AM
This seems to have worked. A lit bit tricky as you only have 5 minutes to complete the process or the printer disconnects, but with a another boot the printer accepted the manual IP.
Thanks for your help.