Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP SPECTRE J6T3A82
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought an HP IN TANK WIRELESS 415 printer and tried to use it with my HP lap top computer “SPECTRE” (Windows 10 Home, 64 bit), but seems that they can’t “talk” each other.
The PC is working fine and the printer was installed successfully. The printer is working as expected from my phone as well as from my IPad, but when I send a print job from my PC, initially looks like the printer is answering because in the task bar I see the printer icon with one job in the printer window, but after few seconds the information related to the printing job disappears and no print job is showed any more.
I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the whole printer software several times, but still it doesn’t work.
If I setup the IP address in the PC navigation page, the printer answered all commands and prints all test pages but nothing else from it. So now I’m printing all my papers from my IPhone or IPad, nothing form my PC.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@BELMI

Welcome to the HP Support Community

Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check connectivity

Download a special version of HP Print and Scan Doctor.

1. Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.

2. Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.

3. Once HP Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Start, and then select your printer.

• If your printer is not in the list, turn it off and on and then click Retry.

• If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in HP Print and Scan Doctor.

4. If a screen prompts you to turn on printer updates, click Yes.

5. If a screen prompts you to make your printer the default printer, click Yes.

6. Try to print.

If the issue persists, I recommend you delete the driver at the root level and Install the drivers, follow the steps below:

Remove the USB if connected

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2.) Select your HP Printer 

3.) Select Uninstall 

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose `Delete' or `Remove Device' 

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s") 

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab 

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers 

Then, Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-ink-tank-wireless-410-series/16180953/... to download and install the HP Ink Tank Wireless 410 series Full Software Solution.

Try to print.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hello Raj,

I did all the 12 steps, but the issue still persists. After sending the print job to the printer, the print queue window shows one job in progress but after a few seconds the print queue window shows no jobs in progress.

The printer is able to communicate with my HP SPECTRE, It is able to scan and it is also able to print from my other devices such as my IPhone, IPad and another HP laptop Pavillion.

So I think the driver in the SPECTRE is not working fine. Do you know about a PATCH for this particular LAPTOP in order to fix the driver that will be able to work with it?

HP Recommended

@BELMI

Check printers IP address in Windows port settings

Check the printer's IP address in Windows port settings to make sure it's the same as the printer's IP address.

1. Right-click on the printer icon and select Printer Properties.

2. Click the Port tab, and then click Configure Port.

Figure : Example of the Ports tab

Image: Ports tab
  3. In the Printer Name or IP Address field, make sure the IP address is the same as the printer.

Figure : Example of the Port Settings menu

Image: Port Settings menu
  4. If the IP address is incorrect, correct it with the proper IP address and click OK.

5. Close the Properties window.

Delete job files and restart the print spooler

Whenever a print job is sent to the printer a file is created in Windows. Sometimes these files become corrupt and cause problems. To properly reset your printing environment, delete these print job files manually and restart both the computer and the printer.

NOTE: 

Restarting PC or the printer spooler cancels all the jobs from other printer as well, so make sure all the printers installed in the PC are idle or wait for them to complete the printing.

1. Turn off the printer using the power button.

2. Search Windows for run, and click the Run Windows application in the list of results.

3. Type services.msc in the Run window, and then press Enter on the keyboard.

The Services menu opens.

4. Right-click Print Spooler and select Stop.

Figure : Example of stop selection for Print Spooler Service

Service window the Print Spooler service selected from the Name list and the Stop selection called out.
  5. After the service has been stopped, close the service window and use Windows Explorer to browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS.

6. Delete all files inside the PRINTERS folder.

7. Restart your computer.

8. Turn on your printer.

9. Try printing again and note what happens.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hello Raj,

I did all the steps you suggested, but the issue still persists. After sending the print job to the printer, the print queue window shows one job in progress but after a few seconds the print queue window shows no jobs in progress.

The printer is able to communicate with my HP SPECTRE, It is able to scan and it is also able to print from my other devices such as my IPhone, IPad and another HP laptop Pavillion.

So I think the driver in the SPECTRE is not working fine. Do you know about a PATCH for this particular LAPTOP in order to fix the driver that will be able to work with it?

HP Recommended

@BELMI

Appreciate all your time and efforts!

Let's check if these steps help us.

Assign Manual IP to the printer:

1) Print a Network configuration page from the printer's control panel. 

2) Look for IP address from the Network configuration page. 

3) Open a web browser - Chrome or IE or any other browser that you are using. 

4) Type the IP address mentioned on Network configuration page into the browser's address bar or URL bar and press enter button. 

5) Go to the Network tab. 

6) Click on Networking from the left pane. 

7) Then click on Network Address (IP). 

😎 Click on Manual IP Address and go to suggest a Manual IP. 

9) Scroll down the screen and select Manual DNS server. 

10) Enter the Primary and secondary DNS server from the Network Configuration page into the Manual Preferred DNS server field. 

11) Click on Apply. 

Refer to the video link for step by step instructions - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCnYyq80V9g 

Note: The video is for win 8 but steps are similar for other operating systems as well. You need to enter the IP address in the browser's URL or the address bar to access the printer page.

Create TCP/IP Port: 

1. Search Windows for devices, and then select "Devices and Printers" In the list of results.

2. Right-Click the name of your printer, and then select Printer Properties.

3. Click the Ports tab, click on "Add port" select "Standard TCP/IP Port" and click "New Port"

4. Click next on the Add Standard TCP/IP printer port wizard, enter the printer IP address and click next and then click on "OK".

5. Now under the "Ports" tab you will find the Newport with the printer IP address, click "Apply" and "OK".

6. Restart the computer.

Try to print.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.