Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

When I attempt to scan to a PC, I receive a dialog on said PC that says:

Upgrade LCD list

LCD List needs to be upgraded.

Hitting the OK button brings up a "Scan To...Setup (Front Panel List) dialog. It tells me that I can add Scan Shortcuts to the front panel list. Interestingly enough, i don't see any of the items in the 'Front panel list (Scan To button)' area actually on my lcd display. Selecting 'Update the Device' just closes the dialog, and nothing happens. What gives? The 'Manage Scan Shortcuts' doesn't help either: it doesn't do anything at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Close HP Digital Imaging Monitor which is running in the system tray where you see system clock. Open Services.msc and for the following services, STOP and START them:

1)HP CUE Device Discovery

2)hpqcsx08

3)PML driver

4)Net Driver HPZ12

One or more entries may not be listed. Now open C:/Program Files/HP/Digital Imaging/bin and double click the file hpqtra08.exe. This will run HP Digital Imaging Monitor which will be visible in the system tray.

After one minute, turn OFF the printer and unplug the power cable. Wait for 2 min. Reconnect the power cable and turn ON the printer. Wait till the printer is completely turned ON and do not press any buttons. You might get message saying "Updating Device".

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39
HP Recommended

hi,

Download and ran the HP Scan Diagnostic Utility mentioned in this document,  click here.

Kiko
HP Recommended

I was about to use this printer for kindling. NOTHING WORKED AND I UPDATED THAT LIST LIKE 800 times. I ended up using the WINDOWS FAX AND SCAN PROGRAM. I found it by opening the control panel and going to hardware, then to scanners. I used the scan document option from there and opened the SCAN and FAX Program. and it worked perfectly. l hope that helps some people that were going crazy like me. I especially like that I didn't have to use any of the rediculous HP software.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Close HP Digital Imaging Monitor which is running in the system tray where you see system clock. Open Services.msc and for the following services, STOP and START them:

1)HP CUE Device Discovery

2)hpqcsx08

3)PML driver

4)Net Driver HPZ12

One or more entries may not be listed. Now open C:/Program Files/HP/Digital Imaging/bin and double click the file hpqtra08.exe. This will run HP Digital Imaging Monitor which will be visible in the system tray.

After one minute, turn OFF the printer and unplug the power cable. Wait for 2 min. Reconnect the power cable and turn ON the printer. Wait till the printer is completely turned ON and do not press any buttons. You might get message saying "Updating Device".

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Wow, This Worked Like A Charm! Thank You! Praveen_David

HP Recommended

It worked once I figured out the instructions like go to START, run, then 'services.msc!! lol

A BIG Thanks!!

HP Recommended

Worked like a charm for me too. Thanks, David.

HP Recommended

can't scan to computer.  update LCD list???????

HP Recommended

Im stuck here  "Close HP Digital Imaging Monitor which is running in the system tray where you see system clock. Open Services.msc and for the following services, STOP and START"...

HP Recommended

where do you find "run" I have a new computer with windows 7 so I am not familiar since I used to have XP...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.