Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Office JetPro 8028
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there a way to use the Apps on the printer by wifi?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Uneeq1 

Hello,

Please use the HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 series Printer Full Drivers and Software to install your printer.

Otherwise, what apps are you talking about? Indeed, your printer supports wireless network technology, so it shouldn't have a problem printing with it.

In case of need, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you Mans for responding. I have downloaded the software to install my printer. On the printer itself, the touchscreen window, there is a section labeled as APPS. I selected the screen and gives options such as scan to email or quick forms. My question is, do I have to be connected by USB drive to print from this app or can I print from this app using wifi?

HP Recommended

@Uneeq1 

Thanks for your return,

All right, in this case it is possible to Scan to Email and print with the Quick forms, directly since the printer control panel.

It is recommended that you update the printer's firmware so that it works properly.

Please update the printer firmware as follows:

1. In the printer front panel display, touch the Wireless icon () to retrieve the printer's IP address.
  2. Launch a web page, and then type this address in the address bar and press Enter key. The printer Web interface opens.
  3. Click Tools tab, then develop Printer Updates, and then Firmware Updates.
  4. Click the Check Now button to install the latest firmware update.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.