Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 8710
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am trying to reset my printer to re-activate the WIFI mode. At present, the WIFI symbol on the printer is not illuminated. When I press the symbol, I get the error message "This feature has been disabled. Contact the person who set up the printer."

I have tried the factory restore function via the printer but this has not worked. Still get the same error message. I have also logged into the Embedded web Server (connected via CAT 5 cable) and under "Wireless (802.11 > Status", when I click on "Print Network Configuration Page", I get a message "The printer is busy. Try again later.".

When I click "Wireless (802.11 > Advance", I get a message, "You cannot use this function because it has been disabled. For more information, contact the person who set up the printer."

I am the admin and do not recall every entering in any passwords. Please help me to re-set the printer back to factory defaults.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Just send you a Private message, look for the "Envelope" icon at the top right hand corner.

Let us know if that helps solve your problem!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Just send you a Private message, look for the "Envelope" icon at the top right hand corner.

HP Recommended
I am having the exact same issue as AMZ007 - please help, thank you!
HP Recommended

Hi @drewgrided,

HP Recommended

I'm having exactly the same problem with my HP Pagewide 477dw. Has been working fine for almost a year using an Ethernet cord but we moved it to a new location and need to connect with WiFi. Please help as we need to use it tomorrow and are unable to do so...

HP Recommended

I have the same issue 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.