01-09-2017 02:55 PM
I am trying to set up HP Ink Services but I keep getting the message from the printer that "Web Services could not be setup"
There is no other information or any tips on what to try to enable this.
01-10-2017 03:05 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Forums!
I see you're having an issue getting Web Services turned on so you can enroll in HP Instant. Is that correct?
Make sure your printer is connected to your wired or wireless network with an active Internet connection, then go to Enrolling in HP Instant Ink for detailed steps and answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs).
Let me know if that helps!
I am an HP employee. I work on behalf of HP.
Click the thumbs up + button if I have helped you.
Mark Accepted Solution if your problem is solved.
01-11-2017 03:30 PM - edited 01-11-2017 03:32 PM
Thanks for showing your interest in the HP Forums! I see that you're having issues enabling Web Services. I will certainly do my best to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.
Please check the date and time on the printer to confirm that is accurate:
1. From the printer's front panel menu.
2. Swipe left and find the Setup menu (gear icon).
3. Select Printer Setup.
4. Change the "Date and time".
5. Try enabling Web Services.
What were the results?
If the issue persists, I recommend that you assign a static IP address and add DNS settings. Please use these steps as a guideline:
Please print a wireless test report to get the printer's IP address.
1. Once you have the printer's IPV4 IP address, open your internet browser and enter the IP address in the address bar.
2. Go to the Network or Wireless tab across the top.
3. On the left-hand side click on Network or Wireless.
4. Click on Network address (IPV4 address)
5. From here you can set a static IP address and add DNS settings.
6. On the DNS settings, change it to Manual.
7. For the Preferred DNS enter: 184.108.40.206 and Alternate DNS: 220.127.116.11 (without periods)
8. Click Apply.
9. Try turning the printer off and on again.
10. Press the Web Services icon again.
Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! 🙂