Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp photosmart 5520
Other
Hp photosmart 5520. How do I find the preferred printer name?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@barbperry2150

You're welcome and thanks fo replying with the information. 

Based on the information, the printer is connected to the network and works fine. You would like to print from your Android phone to your printer. Not to worry it is pretty simple by using our HP AiO Printer Remote App. With the HP All-in-One (AiO) Printer Remote app, you can set up your printer on a wireless network. You can also print, scan, and troubleshoot printer issues.

The link provided above gives you all details of the minimum system requirements to install that app and how it works. This is good for Apple OS also. In case you get an iPhone, the same app can be installed and used. 

Hope this information helps. Please feel free to keep me posted for any questions. All the best! 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@barbperry2150

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

May I know what do you mean preferred printer name? If you could elaborate on this then I'll be glad to assist you further. 

Please reply with the following details:

• What are you trying to do with the printer?
  • What operating system are you using?
  • Are you facing any issues with your HP printer?

Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended
I'm trying to link my android phone to my printer. My opetating system is windows 10. My printer is working fine connected to my laptop. No issues. I'd just like to print from my mobile also. Thanks for taking the time to respond. Appreciate it
HP Recommended

@barbperry2150

You're welcome and thanks fo replying with the information. 

Based on the information, the printer is connected to the network and works fine. You would like to print from your Android phone to your printer. Not to worry it is pretty simple by using our HP AiO Printer Remote App. With the HP All-in-One (AiO) Printer Remote app, you can set up your printer on a wireless network. You can also print, scan, and troubleshoot printer issues.

The link provided above gives you all details of the minimum system requirements to install that app and how it works. This is good for Apple OS also. In case you get an iPhone, the same app can be installed and used. 

Hope this information helps. Please feel free to keep me posted for any questions. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you so much. That did it!! 

HP Recommended

@barbperry2150

You're welcome. 🙂

I'm glad to know that it helped. Happy printing! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.