Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 5745

when trying to scan to my email from HP Officejet 5745 keep getting "Server Connection Error" NO PROBLEM WITH PRINTING FROM ANY OF MY DEVICES. Only problem is with scanning to my email.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey @1609Gtsr,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are having issues with Scan to email on your Officejet 5745 e-All-in-One Printer. I can help you with that.

To restore Scan to Email:

1. On the printer click on the Web Services icon in the bottom left corner of the display.
  2. Click on the gear.
  3. Click on Remove Web Services.
  4. Click on the Web Services icon again.
  5. Click on Setup and then Yes.

Now, if you are using Instant Ink:

1. Go www.instantink.com and Sign In.
  2. In the banner that says "Printer Connection Lost" click on Add Printer.
  3. Enter the claim code as it appears on the paper the printer printed earlier.

Please let me know the results after following the above. If you are able to use Scan to Email, click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Re: When trying to scan to my email from my HP Officejet 5745 keep getting "Server Connection Erroe.

-Internet working ok

-tried with both wired and wireless connections

-reset the web services

-set back the web services, I do receive my PIN for scan to email set up, but still have the same error.

-set ip manually and set the DNS to 8.8.8.8 + 8.8.4.4

-Also rebooted the printer and the wireless router...

Can you please help.

HP Recommended

Hey @Ramos1,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums.

I see that you are seeing a Server Connection Error on your Officejet 5745 e-All-in-One Printer. I can help you with that.

To start, make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once done:

1. Turn the printer off.
  2. While the printer is powered off, remove the power cable from the back of the router for one minute.
  3. When the lights return on the router, turn the printer on.

Please let me know if this clears the error. If it does, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi DoCottle,

That cleared the connection to server error, but it brought a new error : "unable to initialize web scan", so after I load up the doc, press the scan to email and so on...it goes like "preparing scanning..." takes long time and return the message above...please advise, thanks.

HP Recommended

Hey @Ramos1,

I see you are now getting an 'unable to initialize web scan' on your OJ 5745. 

1. Are you getting this error message on the printers control panel or your computer.

2. Have you tried re-running the Scan to Email wizard in the HP Software? 

3. In the HP Printer Assistant do you see the Scan to Computer option enabled?

Please run the HP Print and Scan Doctor > www.hp.com/go/tools- It was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.

Please let me know what the PSDR finds, I will watch for your reply.

I will watch for your reply. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" up button. If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. 

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.