01-08-2018 10:16 AM
Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you need
The WPS button would be on your router if your router supports WPS, press and hold the WPS button for a few seconds. Alternately there may be a WPS PIN number on the label, perhaps on the bottom of the router.
WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) – WPS has two modes to connect devices together over a wireless connection. One is called "pushbutton" and the other is called "PIN". Pushbutton is by far the easiest method. We will describe how to connect using the WPS push button method, but not the PIN method.
For instructions on starting WPS on your printer consult your printer's manual. However, there are some conditions that need to be met in order to use WPS pushbutton mode:
- Both your printer and wireless router must support WPS pushbutton mode. Consult your printer and wireless router manuals.
- The wireless router must have a physical WPS pushbutton available.
- Your network must use WPA or WPA2 security. Most WPS wireless routers will not connect using the WPS method if WEP or no security is used.
- Most WPS wireless routers will not connect using the WPS method if you are using the manufacturer’s default for the network name and no security.
To connect your wireless printer to your wireless router using WPS:
- Start the WPS pushbutton mode on your printer.
For instructions on starting WPS on your printer, consult your printer's manual.
- Within 2 minutes, press the WPS button on your router.
Alternatively, you can also go through this link: HP Wireless Printers - Printing with Wi-Fi Direct
Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!
Eagerly waiting for your response!
I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
I am an HP Employee
09-24-2018 10:55 AM
Has there been an answer to this. I am just trying to connect printer directly to my laptop (ie not wireless) through USB - am being asked for WPS Pin which set up says it is on my printer but I cant see it and the documentation has been discarded (by son!)