Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
6FeetUnder
Level 1
7 4 0 5
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Why can't I print multiple copies on my HP7740 with Google Cloud Print?

HP OfficeJet Pro 7740
Chrome OS

There is no option for multiple copies with Google Cloud Print with this HP printer.  The HP eprint offers it, but ti doesn't print landscape properly... HP, please help.  This is useless.

5 REPLIES 5
Level 15
Level 15
12,052 12,003 1,206 2,762
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

If you are using Google Chrome, you can download the HP Print for Chrome apps from the store.

Watch this example on how to do that - it has options for multiple copies.

Chromebook: Printing using HP Print apps

Hope that helps!

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL.png

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
6FeetUnder
Level 1
7 4 0 5
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks... but HP app doesn't allow landscape printing.... another well documented issue.  Sure, the screen preview shows it, but it doesn't.  It redeuces the landscape wideth to fit on a potrait page... useless.  HP needs to deal with these issues.  Google Cloud print with this printer prints properly, but there is NO way to print more than one copy...

Highlighted
6FeetUnder
Level 1
7 4 0 5
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Since you work for HP, do you have any idea at all if they ever plan to deal with the shortcomings of the HP Print app for chromebook (won't print in landscape) or the fact there is no way to print multiple copies with HP using the Google Cloud print?  When HP puts the Google Cloud logo on the box for a brand new printer, it's not fair to consumers not to mention that the capability isn't really working properly.  The really basic Espon printer I have offers multiple copies... I purchased the HP because it offers wide format.  It is a brand new model yet it does not provide something as simple as "number of copies".  And why would HP not upgrade its own HP Print app so that it can understand landscape printing and print as the scren preview shows.  Isn't this a pretty basic function?  Does HP care at all about fixing issues that customers really expect and need?  Why even have a forum if the company ignores reported issues, or doesn't even offer any hope that problems will be fixed or when?

Phill5
5 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem on ChromeOS using Google Cloud print. Cannot print more than one copy. Unfortunatly this printer was purchased for an organisation that uses ChromeOS.

0 Kudos
18,896 14,231 298 1,115
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation