Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 4520
iOS 12 - 12.0.1

We are unable to print wirelessly from IPad or IPhone

Printer is on the same WiFi network as the mobile devices we are trying to print from

test prints all produce successful pages

We have been through all HP suggested diagnostics but unable to print still 

Any help welcomed 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@AllyBongo24,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support community!

• The WiFi network that you have is that a 2.4GHz network or a 5GHz network?
  • What is the make and model of your WiFi router?
  • Have you tried restarting the devices, i.e Router, Printer, and the iOS devices?

It looks like it could be an issue with Bonjour discovery feature on your WiFi Router.

(Bonjour locates devices such as printers, other computers, and the services that those devices offer on a local network using multicast domain name system(mDNS) service records.)

The router should forward multicast DNS service (Bonjour) for the iOS devices to identify the printer.

Please check if this service is enabled on the WiFi router from your router settings or from the router manufacturer.

Enabling this service should resolve this issue.

Let me know if this information helps. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “KudosThumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello

The WiFi router is a consumer 2g and 5g

I don’t The the end user will be able to switch multicast on or off

Everything has been restarted multiple times

I can ping all devices within the WiFi subnet so not an ip issue

HP Recommended

@AllyBongo24,

• Does the 2.4G network and 5G network have the same name or they different?
  • There would be better connectivity if the names are different and the printer is connected to the 2.4G network only because this printer model is compatible only with the 2.4GHz network. You can check the printer specifications from this link.

Try these steps:

• Update the printer firmware. 
    • Refer to this link to update the printer firmware.
  • Update the Router firmware
  • Update to the latest iOS software version

If the printer is on a 2.4G network already, obtain the IP address of the printer by touching the wireless icon.

• Type the IP address into the Internet browser address line, and then press Enter to open the printer EWS.
  • Open a Web browser from your iOS device.

• If a website security certificate displays, click Continue to access the EWS page
  • Go To 'Tools' menu and 'Print Self Test page' or Go to 'Tools' > 'Product Information' > 'Printer Information' > 'Print Self Test Page'
  • Check if that prints.

Let me know what happens.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.