11-16-2019 01:58 AM
My HP Envy Photo 6234 All-In-One printer won't print when offline. I have to restart the printer on the power-switch every time I want to print from offline. It doesn't help to turn it on on the printer itself.
It's the same problem on IOS and Windows 10.
Can anyone help?
11-18-2019 11:49 AM - edited 11-18-2019 11:50 AM
@Massai, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
If the printer is Offline, it means the printer is not connected to the network. Hence you will not be able to print from a network device.
- Make sure the printer and the iOS device are connected to the same wireless network.
- This printer supports 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks.
- If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.
Restart the network devices
- Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer/ mobile devices.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.
- Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.
- Turn on the computer/ mobile devices.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Also, check for any software updates on the iOS device.
If you would like to print in absence of a wireless router, you may connect the printer and the iOS device using WiFi Direct.
Refer to this document for more info.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee