Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Photo Envy 7820
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Just installed HP App on my mac and scanned a doc to save as pdf to my cloud storage. Scanning went okay, but the dialogue box was too big for my screen and I could not click the "OK" button to close it. As a result, I always have to force quit the application. Help!!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Enni, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Does this happen only with the HP app?

If this happens with all other apps on the MAC, check the display settings.

Let us try these steps:

Check for any software updates on MAC

Click here to know how.

To resize the window:

• The first method you should try is to click the green button in the window titlebar, this will resize the window to fit to the available screen resolution. Of course, this is assuming you have access to the green zoom button.
  • If you can’t access the green resize button because it is off screen, just click on the window you want resized and then navigate to the Window menu and pull down to ‘Zoom’. This will automatically resize the active window to fit on the screen.
  • resize window off screen mac
  • To know how to change the display resolution, refer to this document.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, Thank you but didn't solve the issue as there is no Window button to click (see screenshot). 

However, the workaround was to shift the window around so that I could click the OK button to close the obtrusive window. But this does not work if the window is maximized, as I can't move it the window at all. 

And to answer your question, this only happens with the HP app. 

enni

enniScreenshot 2019-11-27 at 11.09.56 PM.png

HP Recommended

@Enni

Try reinstalling HP Smart app on the MAC

Uninstalling HP Smart from library

The Library folder contains personalization, preference and cache files of the HP Smart app. Let's try removing HP Smart App and it's associated files from the Library folder:

1.) Open Finder and click Applications

2.) Move HP Smart App to Trash and clear the Trash.

3.) Open Finder then click Go and Click Home.

4.) Click View then Click Show View Options. Check the box Show Library Folder.

The change is instantaneous and the Library folder will immediately become visible.

5.) Open Library and Open Application Support, move HP Smart folder to Trash and clear the Trash

6.) Download and install HP Smart App from here.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi Kumar,

The link is inaccessible unfortunately. 

Screenshot 2019-11-28 at 10.51.26 PM.png

HP Recommended

@Enni

It seems like the HP servers were down when you tried accessing the link. I have re-checked and the link is working now. Please try again.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar, 

Thank you and i was able access the link. Have reinstalled but the problem persisted. 

I have yet to update my IOS to Catalina due to not having enough space. 

enni

HP Recommended

@Enni

Meanwhile, let us try this step that may help.

Grab any portion of the window you can and hold down OPTION+SHIFT keys and drag, which will resize the window in any direction.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.