Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 3830
iOS

I am trying to connect my printer (hp 3830) to my iphone (and also on a phone Android) for wireless print

But the wireless network of the printer is asking a password 

Whats the password or where to find it?

I need help as i bought this printer specially for Wireless features

Thanks

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Did you read your User Guide???   It says to see your password print out the Network Config sheet from the front panel.  Was this done??

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-OfficeJet-3830-All-in-One-Printer-series/7172321/model/717232...

Page 90...

To print the network configuration page
1. From the printer control panel, touch (Wireless).
2. Touch Settings, touch Print Reports, and then touch Network Configuration Page.

HP Recommended

Followed directions and the page printed out..... still cant fing the password

every thing from Hard ware address to encryption Help!!!

HP Recommended

The number you require is 12345678 which is the default setting.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.