Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am trying to connect my printer wirelessly and i get the message "wireless capabilitiies have been disabled. Contact your administrator or the person who set up the printer." I am the person that set this printer up and i never disabled the wireless. I have tried to reset the network and factory defaults but i still get the same message.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@wcomer123, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned you are unable to find the button on the printer control panel to perform a semi-full reset on your printer.

Refer this document to know more information about the buttons on the printer control panel.

Refer the image attached below to know the bottom left key on the printer control panel.

Let me know if this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hey there! @wcomer123, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you are getting wireless capabilities have been disabled contact administrator error on your printer.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Try restoring the network settings to default and check if it helps.

Touch (right arrow), touch Setup, and then touch Network. Touch Restore
Network Defaults, and then select Yes. A message appears stating that the
network defaults have been restored.

If the issue still persists try restoring the printer back to factory settings and check if it helps.

Touch (right arrow), touch Setup, select Reports and then select Print
Network Configuration Page to print the network configuration page and verify
that the network settings have been reset.

Refer the print user guide for more information.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps. Try performing a semi-full reset on your printer and check if it helps.

Since the steps to perform a semi-full reset is confidential I will send you the steps in a private message.

Please watch your inbox for more information.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you.

I have not made any changes.

I have also tried restoring the network settings to default and also restoring printer back to factory settings several times but still have the same issue.

I was unable to perform the steps you provided in the private message, i sent you a screen shot and details concering why i was not able to perform those steps.

Thanks, any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

@wcomer123, Thanks for your quick response and time.

As you mentioned you are unable to find the button on the printer control panel to perform a semi-full reset on your printer.

Refer this document to know more information about the buttons on the printer control panel.

Refer the image attached below to know the bottom left key on the printer control panel.

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It worked. Thanks so much for the help.

HP Recommended

hey vitist here mybe this will help you satta king

HP Recommended

@wcomer123, Thanks for your quick response again.

As you mentioned your issue got resolved.

I am happy to hear that your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Just bought this and it was used without cds or manuals or usb cable .. turned it on to set up and the message came up that wireless adapter disabled contact network administrator ... I need to set it back so I can setup at my home.. 

HP Recommended

@Pauleejr,

Welcome to HP Support Community,

Let's try to perform an advanced reset on the printer. Doing this will set the printer back to the factory settings. 

I have sent you a private message with the steps to perform an advanced reset on the printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Support Community.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.