Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

HP Envy Photo 6234 - straight out of the box. performs as expected via usb cablle does not connect via wireless. I am happy to work with the cable, everything about wireless is a pain but to use the instant ink service I need to connect to the internet. THe printer is set up, can see the router and wireless is ON but connection does not work,

Help please?

Thanks, Paul

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Fcol, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

For Instant Ink service to work, the printer should be connected to the Internet.

• Make sure the printer and the MAC/PC are connected to the same wireless network.
  • Either 2.4GHz and 5GHz network.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.

Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue

Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.

If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

Restart the network devices

1. Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer/ mobile devices.
  2. Wait for 60 seconds.
  3. Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.
  4. Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.
  5. Turn on the computer/ mobile devices.

Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver (Choose your Operating system)

Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar,

Thank you for the help. No. That did not solve the problem overall.

I did manage to get the printer to connect to the internet to register the instant ink service - but I didn't know I had until I received confirmation of an ink kit on the way.

What made me think that I was not connected to wifi was that I cannot print via it. The printer screen says that the printer can see my router but my PC tells me that the printer is offline.

Living in the modern world and with silly prices and aeons long contracts, I do not use a landline. I have no use for it. I make all my calls through Whatsapp and I have unlimited telephone calls and text messages all with my mobile (cell phone) deal.

Right - also, with unlimited data via my mobile, I have full time access to the internet wherever I am. Which means I can carry my laptop with me and sit ion the beach, no restrictions - all for fabulously cheaper than the line rental alone of a landline. With a landline, I'm limited to the few yards' range of the home router (ancient history).

I use my unlimited data access mobile as a hotspot. I can do ecverything with this, streaming video, very fast broadband etc....  I am writing this on my laptop, via my mobile.....what I cannot do, it appears is use a HP Printer via wifi.

What do I do to use my printer via the LAN of my mobile phone and laptop please?

My laptop can see my router (phone) the HP printer can see my router (phone) - how do I get the laptop and printer to see each other... this is a LAN, so must be possible.

Can you help please?

Many thanks

Regards

Paul 

HP Recommended

@Fcol

The printers may not work on a mobile hotspot environment. If you do not have access to a wireless router, you may connect the printer and the PC using WiFi-Direct.

Kindly refer to this document to know how to connect the printer using WiFi-Direct.

Try printing.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar,

Well, nearly. My goodness this is tiring. In real terms, 3 days at this so far.

Thank you for the secret document which could have been in the box with the printer.

I followed the instructions for Windows 10 and got all the way to entering the WPS Pin, may have been a bit slow in the 90 seconds (who thought that one up?) and it failed.

I closed everything down and went through it again - entered WPS Pin, failed - must have been too slow again?

I went through it all again - PIN successful! - tried to print - failed.

Questioning my success, I went through it all again.

I closed everything down and went through it again - no "Show WiFi Direct printers" link appeared. But Hp Envy Photo 6200 Series "Offline" appeared in the list of printers. I opened this, received "Open Queue" "Manage" "Remove Device" - I selected remove device, thinking to go through the above again and it would add. No.

I went to 123.hp.com, reinstalled printer, have restarted PC twice, restarted the printer several times, cleared cookies.

I have not seen "Show WiFi Direct printers" link since.

What must I do please - to avoid taking the thing back as a bad job.

I'll appreciate your help.

Many thanks

Regards

Paul

HP Recommended

@Fcol, I appreciate your efforts and your patience.

I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction with our HP Support team.

I would request you to contact them for further assistance.

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.