Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 6200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been setting up my new printer which now works if USB connected. Went through thewireless app and got 'success' message followed instantly by error message OXB85BOAAE. Can anyone help please? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @Ianinbrid, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

As you mentioned when you connect your printer to wireless you are getting a 0xB85B0AAE error.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Are you able to print wireless from other devices?

Is the printer and the PC connected to the same home network?

Restart the computer, printer, and router to resolve any error states present during the printer setup.

If you have a dual-band router, make sure it is set to the 2.4 GHz band. If your router is set to the 5 GHz band, the printer cannot connect to the network.

Also, Try updating the printer firmware and check if it helps.

Update the printer firmware using this link. Click  Here

Connect your printer to the network using the wireless setup wizard.

Gather the following items:
Network name (SSID)
Network security password (WEP key or WPA passphrase)
A computer that is connected to your wireless network
Disconnect any USB or Ethernet cables from the printer.
On the printer control panel, select the Setup, Network, or Wireless menu.
Select Wireless Setup Wizard, then follow the on-screen instructions to connect the printer to your network.

Also, Uninstall the printer software from the root level and install the full feature printer software.

In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features. 
Select your HP printer. 
Select Uninstall. 
In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers. 
In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.” 
Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo. 
Type printui.exe /s and click OK. 
Click on Drivers tab. 
Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom. 
Select OK. 
Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows. 
Close Devices and Printers. 

Update the full feature printer software using this link. Click Here

Refer this article to further troubleshoot printer not found on network issues. Click Here

Let me know if this helps!

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No changes made to printer. Printer deleted from system, software uninstalled from computer and reinstalled using your link. Cannot print from other wireless devices. Cannot print direct from computer either when USB connected or wirelessly. Setup software cannot find printer. Printer screen shows wirweless connection succussful, firewall checked and printer allowed through. During setup I cannot complete because software is unable to find printer. Whwn I try to print using USB I get error notified.

HP Recommended

@Ianinbrid, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

Are you able to make a copy from your printer?

As you mentioned you have issues printing from other devices.

Try restoring the printer settings to default and try printing again.

To restore the printer to the original factory defaults
1. On the printer control panel display, from the Home screen, touch ( Setup ).
2. Touch Tools , touch Restore Factory Defaults, and then follow the onscreen instructions.

Connect the printer back to network using wireless setup wizard.

Connect the printer to your network with the Wireless Setup Wizard so the HP installer can find the printer during the installation.

1. From the home screen on the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon .

2. Touch the Setup icon .

3. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard.

Wireless Settings display

4. Touch the name of your network in the list of available networks, and then touch OK.

Example of network names

5. If the list does not contain your network name, touch Enter New Network Name, and then follow the on-screen instructions to enter your network name.

6. If prompted, type the WEP or WPA key (network password), and then touch Done.

A summary screen displays.

7. Touch OK to return to the home screen.

Refer this article to know more information about connecting printer to the network. Click Here

Let me know if this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.