Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
GO 2540 all in one
Other
Help! I do not have a home computer or internet I use my phone for everything. So I got a new phone the Samsung galaxy 8 plus and when I try to connect it to my printer it asked for a Wi-Fi password to connect my printer thru my phones Wi-Fi. I have no idea what the password is or how to reset it. I have tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, I tried connecting Wi-Fi direct and nothing works. PLEASE HELP ME
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Jsmith78

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to print from your phone.

Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.

I would like to inform you that printer usually doesn’t have any username or password. I recommend you to follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2r7zICA

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
It's not the printer it's the WiFi password between my printer and the WiFi connection on my phone.
HP Recommended

@Jsmith78

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

I understand that you are trying to connect the mobile phone to the printer with the wireless direct option.

Number 4 is the Wireless Direct status light and button:

White light indicates the status of HP wireless direct. Press the button to turn on or off HP wireless direct.

HP wireless direct allows your wireless devices such as computers, smartphones, tablet, and other wireless, to connect to your printer directly to the wireless network, using the process you currently use to connect your wireless device to new wireless networks and hotspots. With HP wireless direct, you can print.

To connect wirelessly to the printer without a router, press the Wireless Direct button from the printer control panel. If this is the first time you turn on HP wireless direct, a How to Connect information page will be printed out. Follow the instructions on the printed information page.

HP wireless direct with security is enabled by default when you turn it on. The HP wireless direct password can be found by printing the information page.

The information page may not be available in all languages. It only can be printed automatically when you first enable HP wireless direct.

To print the information page, press and hold the Wireless Direct button for more than 3 seconds.

Click here and refer page no.53 to in the user guides for more assistance. 

I hope that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

the scan is not coneced with the computer did test run the first time it scaned ok. now trying to us it for work not scanning at all. it is telling me to open the hp printer. thank you

HP Recommended

Why is it asking me for a password to set up my printer.!!!!  There is no password in the paperwork..............

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.