Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

AirPrint does not find my officejet pro 8600

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Go to settings on your iPad. Select wifi.  Press the blue arrow next to the network name in the list your printer is currently on.  When the network settings page comes up, make sure the http proxy setting is set to auto.  This solved the same issue I had with the 8600 printer.  Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44
HP Recommended

Hello mattjohnson,

You may need to first perform a product update for the airprint features to be implemented. The easiest way to do this is to enable the Web Services on the printer.

To do this press the Web Services icon on the front panel of the printer (looks like a piece of paper with circles behind it). Just follow the onscreen instructions to enable Web Services and once it has been enabled it should check for a product update and download and install it for you if one is available.

You may also try power cycling the printer. While the printer is still on, unplug the power cord from the printer, leave it unplugged for 30 seconds, then reconnect the power cord to the printer. Once plugged back in the printer should power on automatically.

If you are still having issues reply to this post and I will try to assist you further.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi D_P_George,

I've replicated the steps you've listed here for mattjohnson, as I'm have the same exact problem as him however I'm unable to get this to work.  Can you please assist?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

I just purchased and installed an HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 and am unable to find it via airprint.  I have updated the printer firmware, enabled/disabled/enabled web services, rebooted all my iDevices, confirmed the IP settings/subnet, ePrinted to the device, Scanned to PC, etc. - all those functions seem to work.  I bought this specifically to use with my iDevices over the wifi network but cannot seem to make it work.  I will return this product if I can't make this work - any suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hello pbohley,

If you are still experiencing issues then you may need to check your router settings and make sure there is nothing preventing your network devices from communicating with each other. Some routers have an IP address isolation feature for security purposes that prevents devices from detecting and communicating with other devices on the local network.

If you check this and are still having issues then you may want to see if your router has an update available. You may also try resetting your network by:

First, unplug the printers power cord while it is still on. Leave it unplugged and walk to the router. While the router is still on, unplug the power cord from the router, leave it unplugged for 30 seconds, then reconnect the power cord to the router. Once plugged back in the router should power on automatically. Now go back to the printer and plug its power cord back in. Once plugged back in the printer should power on automatically.

If you are still having issues, reply to this post and I will try and research this for you further.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

I have the same problem with Air print, my printer is OfficeJet Pro 8600. Also, I have tried all the solution mentioned in the posts, but still no luck. I am waiting for urgent help please.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Ultimately I had to upgrade my router to support the proper AirPrint communications.

Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended
My AirPrint had been working, I received a message "out of ink" I know must have changed one of the setting in error, but will not air print. Run the "wireless network test " comes back no problem found. Can email to printer and it prints.
HP Recommended
Hi I am having exactly the same problem. I can use the printer wirelessly and use reprint etc but not air print. What settings do I need to look for in the router? I have a Huawei echo life hg532 firmware v2.02t hardware version B.1.01 any help you could give would be really appreciated
HP Recommended

dje2907 - take a look at D_P_George's previous posts and see if they provide you with a solution. If you receive any errors or other issues, please post back.

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.