Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I just experienced this issue. Come to find out the date on my router was off from the last update. Once I corrected this issue airprint started working.

HP Recommended

My air print was working but now my ipad and iphone cannot find it.

HP Recommended

I had this same problem, trying to get Airprint to work with my Apple devices with this printer. It has nothing to do with the router. The manual (page 142) explains to turn on Direct Print

Wireless Direct Printing

You can print directly to the printer wirelessly, without a wireless router, from your

wireless-enabled computers and mobile devices with Wireless Direct Printing.

NOTE:

The Wireless Direct Printing connection is available even if the printer is

also connected to a wireless network. Also, all functionality available on your

wireless network, such as printing, scanning, and printer maintenance, is also

available when a computer (with the HP printer software installed) is connected to

the printer with a Wireless Direct Printing connection. However, some functionality

might not be supported if the printer has a simultaneous wireless connection to

your wireless network and Wireless Direct Printing.

To turn on Wireless Direct Printing

To turn on Wireless Direct Printing, complete the following steps:

Touch (right arrow), touch Setup, touch Network, touch Wireless Direct

Printing,

and then touch On.

To view the Wireless Direct Printing name, touch Wireless Direct Name. This

name appears in the HP software on your computer or in your mobile device’s print

application.

HP Recommended

This post solved my issue. Thanks

@Dezman wrote:

Go to settings on your iPad. Select wifi.  Press the blue arrow next to the network name in the list your printer is currently on.  When the network settings page comes up, make sure the http proxy setting is set to auto.  This solved the same issue I had with the 8600 printer.  Hope this helps!

HP Recommended
We keep getting the AirPrint does not find my office jet error. Twice now we have fixed by doing what was recommended on another post - unplug from printer while its on, leave power plug out for 30 seconds - sometimes this fixes it along. If not, go to wireless test and run it, then alls well again. Crazy thing must be our Internet losing it or something. --- it's making me crazy! We have several things to AirPrint from so this is a needed feature.
HP Recommended
No such option on my 8600 Pro
HP Recommended
An update to my router fixed the problem.

Thanks.
HP Recommended
Why does my iPad not find AirPrint on my officjet pro 8600?
HP Recommended

Hi nilson. Has Airprint ever worked from your iPad? What version of iPad do you have? What iOS is installed? Here is the  standard troubleshooting document for AirPrint.

See the section "What if a 'No AirPrint Printers Found' message displays on my Apple device?"
How to Use Apple's AirPrint Over a Wireless Network
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02623193

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

After the most recent update, my iPhone5S wouldn't connect either.  What I did:

Went into settings and chose wifi.  Once I did this, a "new" network named "HP-Print-9D-Officejet..." popped up, and I connected to that.  Instantly, my iPhone5S connected.  All of my wifi capabilities remained, as if now my printer is a new internet access point.  I repeated this with my husband's iphone 4S, his iPad3, and my iPad Mini.  Worked for everything...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.