Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp laserjet 100 color MFP M175nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have recently configured my printer over my home wired network. printer is successfully setup and we start printing via pc and mobiles etc.

when we go to enable webservices for eprint it gives error "Connection error Check Connection" . Though our printer is connected to network and printing as well. also note that a file download was also failed when we were trying to enable eprint just after the driver download.

please help.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@zaheerekpk

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's restart the Router, Printer and the Computer in this sequence:

1. Turn off the router by pressing the power button or disconnecting the power cord.

2. Turn off the printer.

3. Close all running programs on your computer, and then shut down the computer.

4. Press the power button or reconnect the power cord to the router, and then wait for the Internet activity light to display a normal connected status.

5. Turn on the printer.

6. Turn on the computer.

7. Try to turn on Web Services.

If the issue persists, please perform the remaining steps from this document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05337026

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HI,

thanks for your help but unfortunately i am still unable to setup eprint. the web services couldn't be turned on " Connection error check connection". though i am able to print from the laptop and mobile using wifi but the printer is connected via ethernet on same router.

can you please help???

regards,

Zaheer

HP Recommended

I hope you have followed these steps to set up eprint: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03609576

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

no! it doesn't. i am not able to even find the printer code from web services page. as i told you earlier that printing is done but i am unable to setup eprint. when i press the enable i get theCapture.JPG attached error. 

HP Recommended

@zaheerekpk

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03721293

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks! it really doesn't help. As i shared the screenshot that I've not able to enable e print, it gives me subject error.

connected to network, printing perfectly, connecting to pc via IP address except enable e print.

HP Recommended

@zaheerekpk

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.