Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5530
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Hello ,
I got my neighbor's print on my HP Envy 5530 printer.
Wireless directly was status OFF
Went in to my neighbor then turned out they were wireless direct  ON and on their computer in the control panel devices was my HP Envy 5530 printer? and not their one who was HP ENVY 4520 !!!!
We live about 100 meters apart so everybody has their own WiFI.
My question is how can they use my HP ENVY 5530 printer that has wireless direct OFF???? Do not work wireless is security bug is it very serious.

Is there anyone who can explain how this might happen?

Nils

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @Nils45, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand when your neighbor gave a printout it printed on your printer.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Did your neighbor print use wireless direct or HP eprint to print?

As you mentioned when your neighbor gave a printout it printed on your printer.

HP ePrint is a secure cloud-based service that lets you print from anywhere with an active Internet connection. Simply email the document or photo you want to print directly to the printer.

Try the steps recommended below to manage users to print from your printer.

Manage Allowed Senders

When you add a printer to your HP Connected account, anyone who knows your printer's email address can print to your web-enabled printer. The Allowed Senders Only feature limits which email addresses can print to your printer and reduces the chance of unwanted printouts.

1. Sign in to your HP Connected account. From the My Printers tab, find the printer you want to modify access to, and then click Settings.

2. Under ePrint Access, select Allowed Senders Only, and then click Manage Allowed Senders.

3. In the text box, type the email address you want to allow access, and then click Add.

For more information, go to Managing Allowed Senders for HP ePrint.

Or you can change eprint email address on your printer.

Yes. Sign in to your HP Connected account to change your printer email address.

1. Go to HP Connected, and then sign in to your account.

The My Printers tab opens and a list of connected printers display.

2. Find the printer you want to modify access to, and then click Settings.

3. Under Your Printer's Email, click Change Email.

Figure : Clicking the Change Email button

Clicking the Change Email button.
  4. Type a new HP ePrint email address in the text box, and then click OK.

• If the email address that you typed is available, your settings update immediately.

• If the email address that you typed is not available, try a different address or click one of the suggested addresses, and then click OK.

5. Inform any allowed senders of the new HP ePrint email address.

Refer this article to know more information about setting up and using eprint. Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03721293

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi! @Nils45, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand when your neighbor gave a printout it printed on your printer.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Did your neighbor print use wireless direct or HP eprint to print?

As you mentioned when your neighbor gave a printout it printed on your printer.

HP ePrint is a secure cloud-based service that lets you print from anywhere with an active Internet connection. Simply email the document or photo you want to print directly to the printer.

Try the steps recommended below to manage users to print from your printer.

Manage Allowed Senders

When you add a printer to your HP Connected account, anyone who knows your printer's email address can print to your web-enabled printer. The Allowed Senders Only feature limits which email addresses can print to your printer and reduces the chance of unwanted printouts.

1. Sign in to your HP Connected account. From the My Printers tab, find the printer you want to modify access to, and then click Settings.

2. Under ePrint Access, select Allowed Senders Only, and then click Manage Allowed Senders.

3. In the text box, type the email address you want to allow access, and then click Add.

For more information, go to Managing Allowed Senders for HP ePrint.

Or you can change eprint email address on your printer.

Yes. Sign in to your HP Connected account to change your printer email address.

1. Go to HP Connected, and then sign in to your account.

The My Printers tab opens and a list of connected printers display.

2. Find the printer you want to modify access to, and then click Settings.

3. Under Your Printer's Email, click Change Email.

Figure : Clicking the Change Email button

Clicking the Change Email button.
  4. Type a new HP ePrint email address in the text box, and then click OK.

• If the email address that you typed is available, your settings update immediately.

• If the email address that you typed is not available, try a different address or click one of the suggested addresses, and then click OK.

5. Inform any allowed senders of the new HP ePrint email address.

Refer this article to know more information about setting up and using eprint. Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03721293

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have configured my printer is HP wireless direct status off.

How can my neighbor see my printer?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.