Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY Photo 7100 All-in Ode Printer series

Hello,

Sending an e-Mail to the eprint mailadress does not work anymore.

Before it works over months.

Sins some days sending an email to the eprint printer e-Mailadress does not work anymore and the following error comes back from the EMail Systems. Regardless if mailing from an mobiele device (iphone) or through a webmailer.

Printing over the web still works within the iphone HP smart app.

Please help.....

[Private information removed]:
no valid MX hosts found

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of
its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
failed:
[Private information removed]:
no valid MX hosts found

--- The header of the original message is following. ---
Received: from [193.23.163.239] ([193.23.163.239]) by
msvc-mesg-eue007.server.lan (via HTTP); Wed, 5 Feb 2020 13:47:30 +0100
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <trinity-85d9f5bd-cc91-40bf-b978-16f38c156f03-1580906850347@msvc-mesg-eue007>
To: [Private information removed]
Subject: Test webmailer
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Importance: normal
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 13:47:30 +0100
X-Priority: 3
X-Provags-ID: V03:K1:Nu6TqcM6n6Z25Oz0tg41kqlesNEAnCm4+oVu85evQn1sWgQqpDYgK/u9fO3YW9pvU+qrE
IaOVUnUXR2yxeADx5cW/Df84a4BH9jSnMVPXhb6AL29t3mW4RDE3/OJgMHAazMMbtAF8JZOyJDNZ
LnBf/RMlYDkQtpq/89naZKm9mbjxsX0GxbF354ILZOK1wamSJp7/8XMTMLNtk2IhW1oMk7tMhlnQ
rKd104IvmuVGneiXUe7PCx2T8UJ3rihY8Z8c1bftN8XorYuB1CVx/LaYdAnDT+G7MgHmjOwNI9kY
2k=
X-Spam-Flag: NO
X-UI-Out-Filterresults: notjunk:1;V03:K0:RQZQIVvTLQw=:pNPRBYOFC9gIgVhOfgi6YZ
WnZtiLydYAo2YG3YLRjl8Bq68kyIwVoJlChWGcoKg/O7LtlBKnFllEN4ZKLWiAg6C1UICt9E2
bD8PoGuKITLrRd1aeJmrd7IW81p3DdoH2IwV+6T4xn7a5aBAhvIfgP6UXg05hzHnCfWRYd2m5
s/A7ElgtZGXIzy0UmrrgMw2zGNYO5VbmwN6DWJJOH/oMyNVsscSv0v7GpwVnSbIuD2IYdxEuB
gO1XL+oIIl8qwbG6L7MOoRHV7gd7+iHcDElJDKpj4glHgGn4vSsA/GLRvxiSrWQa4QXllsHcc
Gso/eSW6zxbQ3OwrdxlpRvDE/WMVtcTT0T+ZoxTM0xZAFtC10ZZIZ47jMII+Lfu6rwY016cZu
Cttxa85ga6fq2k/iOjf5e72grU3myRsRjaaNwz3PX8ovRr8v+NFSlJw+RsqtXxXtlR9i1e5wv
bneQ2gX1e5UUQplxWQybRBPIZUSvuLUuTGrHXmH1SiFR3gels9FGXimgd9uG72YoqAzxFaQHz
0tniwTSHB8gLhWG6bBa2VKx4qvl/mq5TT18NLWxPPsU

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi,

I had and still have the same problem with my 3050A printer. In my case my printer has vanished from my eprint website. I did specify a different e-mail address under that printer and since the printer is gone, that possibility to print from that specific e-mail address is also gone. However, I can still print by sending e-mail from that account with which I've registered my HP account.

So you could check if your printer is still in your account and if it's not there, re-add it and specify the e-mail address.

see https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03721293

For me, re-adding the printer didn't work. I was not able to get the code via e-mail nor was I able to print it.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same problem with my "HP Officejet Pro 8610 e" printer.

HP Please help... !!!

HP Recommended

Since February of 2020 I get exactly the same error message.

The printer was still listed in the hpeprint portal. I deleted it from there, disabled web-services on the printer and did the whole registry process from scratch. However, I still get the same error message every time I try to print via email.

HP Recommended

I've talkted to the HP support here in Germany today and the solution I was offered was to try different mailing hosts.

This actually solved the problem for me!

I used to use web.de (a popular free German email provider). That one always returned the error.

Now I switched to an old hotmail.com address and I can send print jobs via mail without problems.

HP Recommended

I do have the same problem: web.de does not work and result in an error message as cited in the other mails. My business account works and t-online works also. My humble guess is that HP has marked the web.de Mailservers as "spam-server" and does something like grey-listing. Would anyone of the moderators or the hp-support be able to check this? Web.de is a widely used mail-provider in Germany and this should not happen.

Best regards

HP Recommended

Hi Spatzenfan,
I got exactly the same problem. Not only with web.de but also with the business adress from my wife. Really strange. 
Web.de is definately a problem. When trying to use that web.de adress on my ip cams sending an alarm message if someone is in our house it it will not work because it is considered to be spam!! **bleep**.

Roland

HP Recommended

People,

the issue is that HP uses an alias in its mx record for eprint.com which is not RFC conform. You can check this with a lookup.

I am in contact with HP about this since 3 month with no luck. Mostly German providers like Ionos, web.de or gmx.de are working strictly  RFC conform and refuses any change. Gmail works.

So everybody running into this problem: please open a HP case mentioning this RFC. Post it everywhere you see something about this configuration issue.

See 

https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2181.txt

10.3. MX and NS records

The domain name used as the value of a NS resource record, or part of
   the value of a MX resource record must not be an alias.  Not only is
   the specification clear on this point, but using an alias in either
   of these positions neither works as well as might be hoped, nor well
   fulfills the ambition that may have led to this approach.  This
   domain name must have as its value one or more address records.
   Currently those will be A records, however in the future other record
   types giving addressing information may be acceptable.  It can also
   have other RRs, but never an alias.
HP Recommended

Hello Banyoo,

very interessting, what you said.

Can you tell us where you opened a support ticket?

I'm having the problem too.

HP Recommended

Hello Robert1und1 (Ionos-Mitarbeiter oder Ionos-Kunde?),

what I have desribed is he reason for this problem, thats ablsolutly sure. No need to re-register eprint or changing printers mail adress, that will not help.

You can open a support case at https://support.hp.com

Maybe you want to mention my case number:   [edited] and CRM:[edited]

Escalation and complain case number: [edited] CRM:[edited]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.