Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 5525

Hi! I'm trying to enable Web Services, but whether I do it on the printer or EWS, I get the message that it can't connect to the server. Any solutions?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@feche142

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Photosmart 5525 e-All-in-One Printer and you are unable to enable the web services on the printer. You have tried to enable it via the printer and the EWS page. There is a message stating that can't connect to the server. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Is the printer connected to the wireless network and is it able to print successfully?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

•  Open the printer's EWS page.

•  Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.

•  Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)

•  Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.

•  Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

If the issue persists then you may update the firmware on your printer if you are using Windows via this link.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know. Cheers! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.