Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 7740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

ePrint for HP 7740 will not print from MS Outlook. 

I attempted to use it in May when the printer was purchased, wouldn't work, and I didn't have time to mess with it.  Now in November, I need to use it so I began working to determine the problem. 

Went through the HP trouble shooting guides, checked my connections, reloaded dirvers, software, etc. , chatted with HP who asked unrelated questions and who then told me to call HP. 

The next day I called.  The tech told me that ePrint will not work when emailing with MS Outlook!!!!!!! 

I logged onto my web email, sent an email to my ePrint email address, a few seconds later my printer began to print!!!!  Such a simple solution. 

Question #1:  Why can't HP put a great big notice on the website and the product literature to tell us not to waste our time with ePrint from MS OUTLOOK? 

If someone has the answer to my question, it would save a lot of frustration and lost effort for many HP customers and users like myself. 

Question #2:  What other programs / applications create conflicts with HP products and software when using ePrint? 

Please HP, take care of your customers.  Your products should help to make us productive, not to loose time discovering product limits. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Michael-Tulsa

Thank you for posting in HP Forums!

I understand your concern and would love to help you,

however, the instructions to help you sort this out, can't be shared in public due to HP's privacy statement: Click here to learn more.

That said, please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, using the blue envelope: 

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

I hope your day gets better, good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

To Riddle_Decipher:

Thank you for elevating my post for further review per your private message, I look forward to whatever instructions your superiors might offer.

Michael

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue with MS Outlook and HP eprint. I would like the steps to correct this issue as well.

Thanks,

AWeir

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.