Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5540
Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks

When sending JPG or PNG files to my printer's email address (hp eprint) I get an out of paper message.

• The printer is not out of paper.
  • Reloading and rearranging the paper does not clear the error no matter how many times you do it.
  • Printing PDFs via eprint works just fine. Even after I've received the out of paper error for a JPG, I have then emailed a PDF through (without even opening the paper tray to rearrange the paper post error) and it's printed perfectly.
  • Printing anything via File > Print works just fine, including JPG.

The error seems to only occur when emailing JPG and PNG (it may occur with other file types but these are all I've tested thus far). 

When you send the print via email, the printer says "printing" and it whirs into action, but it takes a while to grasp the paper in the tray and then eventually never does and displays the out of paper error message.

JPG and PNG are listed as supported hp eprint file types (http://hp.care/2nc3WSH) so I have no idea why it's erroring in this manner.

I still receive the "ePrint job received" email so it's not like it was rejected by the server.

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hi all,

I have spoken to an HP support analyst who explained to me exactly what is happening.

Apparently image files (JPG, PNG etc...) sent as attachments in an email will automatically try and print to the photo paper tray, which in my case had no paper in it, hence the error.

If you want to print image files on A4 paper, not photo paper, you need to insert the images into the body of the email rather than add them as attachments.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@gb332

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are getting paper jam issue while printing from eprint option. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Reset the printer:

• Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
  • Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  • With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  • Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  • The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
  • Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Click here for more troubleshooting steps.

Let me know how it goes.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi all,

I have spoken to an HP support analyst who explained to me exactly what is happening.

Apparently image files (JPG, PNG etc...) sent as attachments in an email will automatically try and print to the photo paper tray, which in my case had no paper in it, hence the error.

If you want to print image files on A4 paper, not photo paper, you need to insert the images into the body of the email rather than add them as attachments.
HP Recommended

Hi @gb332, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @sandytechy20, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply and glad to hear that you found the solution by contacting our phone support. 

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.