Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laserject P1102W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hallo, does anyone know if HP has suspended  eprint service for af leat this model of printer HP Laserjet P1102W.

No way to let eprint working with a great number of test on mode than one printer same model.

Tnaks a lot

Alberto

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi Alberto,

Please make sure your printer firmware is up to date by following below utility from your computer and selecting your printer:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL32489/bi-115794-3/LJP1100_P1560_P1600_FW_Upgrade_201803...

Once done, print a Configuration Report by pressing and holding the Cancel button till the power light starts blinking.

Locate the printer's IP address within the Network Information section, browse to the IP address from any browser on your computer, select the Web Services tab and check for any difference while enabling web services.

Please let me know the results,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi Shlomi,

thank you for you kind reply.

The firmware has been already updated during mi previous test, so the exe give as response: "firmware is up to date".

Again when I try to enable web services setp the answer is "connection error.check internet connection".

I have performed many check one intenret connection and I am sure it works properly.

One sbtle point is: the firmware date reported in oprinter device configuration screen is:  20180301

while the one in your email is: 20180302

In any case formware update detected as "firmware is up to date"

I continue to be suspicious about a possible hp interruption or failure of eprint service.

Thanks again for your help

Alberto

HP Recommended

You are welcome Alberto,

Please try accessing the EWS page of the printer and select the Network tab.

Within the Network Identification section or the IPv4 Configuration section, look for DNS configuration.

Set a manual DNS address as following:

Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8

Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4

Confirm the changes and check for any difference while trying to enable Web Services.

If the same persists, within the Network section select Wireless Configuration and press the Print Test Report button, please review and evaluate the printed report to see if any network-related warning may cause the feature to fail.

I can tell that I personally used ePrint about a month ago in my office and no firmware change was made since, and the specific printer model did work as expected so I doubt there is any service interruption, although I cannot test at this moment due to not working from the office these days.

Hope that may help,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi Shlomi,

tahnks again for your reply. I have configured  DNS as per you suggestion but no joy continue not work.

I have to say that the printer was working propely until about three weeks ago, after that no eprint service was possible.

I also would like to say that a couple of friends owners of same printer model are in the same unfortunate situation.

It really seems that servic is no longer working at least for this model of printer, with current configuration.

May that a new FW update is in progress to fix the proble ?

Thanks a lot, Best regards

Alberto

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. Unable to connect the HP P1102w to the Web Services via the Web Services Setup. It seems like the discontinuation of the hpeprintcenter.com site has left this printer without a working HP ePrint email ability.

firefox_DPwClRxBfO.png

HP Recommended

I have the same issue.

For what I've learned HP Eprint platform/page/functionality/webservice was decomissioned in 2018 and is not working anymore

It has nothing to do with Internet connection or setup. HP just stoped the service!

HP should update the Printer firmware an allow the printer to connect to some cloud printing webservice.

HP cant't get our printers crippled

HP Recommended

@MatyBsAs Here's a few things that should help resolve the issue:

Turning on Web Services allows your printer to communicate securely over the Internet with web-connected printing services, including HP ePrint cloud printing and HP Instant Ink delivery services.

NOTE: 

If you are turning on Web Services to set up your printer on HP Connected, go to Setting Up an HP Connected Account.

Read the section that matches your printer control panel type for steps to turn on Web Services.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & Select your printer LCD type

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Riddle_Decipher

It will be great if you could be confident that who's writing this is pretty sure of what he's saying...

I've read every forum, youtube video, downloaded every HP app, firmware/driver update,  and tested every connectivity issue.

The 1st link in your response does not even exist anymore...

My understanding is that HP has moved to a newer/safer/better ePint platform and this printer was left behind.

The hardware is clearly capable of having a Web Service for remote/cloud printing but there is no new firmware that support HP new platform.

If you consider otherwise, please enlight us with the correct firmware upgrade link.

Thanks and regards

MatyBsAs

HP Recommended

Just to clarify to any willingly HP rep.

I'm confident this is not a user/config issue. This is an HP lack of firmware update.

And I have exactly teh same issue.

This link seems to describe in HP words that the printer is not suported for ePrint anymore (this page doesn't mention P1102w, but guess it's also out of support like these ones): https://support.hp.com/si-en/document/c05211712

This post descibes the ame thing clearly: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Connected-Mobile-Printing-and-Cloud-Printing/HP-P1102w-reinstall-ca...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.