Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have lost wireless connection between printer & computer. When trying to re-connect it keeps asking for the "claim code", can you help me to find said claim code easily please?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@hogman3456

Not sure what is going on -- this printer is not an ePrint capable printer; I should think there is no reason for it to ask for a Claim Code during installation of the printer program.

You can reinstall the Full Feature Software -- depending on why the wireless connection failed, the installation program can set up the connection and perhaps resolve any issues.

Printer:

HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printer

Full Feature Software (Windows 8.x - Windows 10):

File name: DJ2540_188.exe

Release details

Released: Nov 12, 2015

Version 32.2

Help, suggestions, and examples:

Install Full Feature Software – Printer

NOTE If the computer has been recently migrated to Windows 10 or if you need to re-install the printer software:

1. Create a Restore Point >
  2. Download a fresh copy of the Full Feature software >
  3. Remove any existing printer software from Programs and Features / Apps and Features >
  4. Restart the computer and log in >
  5. Install Full Feature Software (look in your Downloads folder and Double-Click on the file) >
  6. Restart the computer and log in to finish the installation

Section(s) of interest include:

• Preparation
  • Extras and Optional > HP Information, Diagnostics, and Installation Help
  • The Windows 10 Printer Frenzy (includes link to TCP/IP Port setup)
  • Restart Everything
  • Download and Installation
  • Remove Printer Software
  • See who and what is on your network
  • Create a Restore Point

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for your help. I've since been on to the Virgin help line & they say after 50mins testing that there is a fault with my computer causing it not to link with my wireless router. I have an engineer coming to look at it tomorrow. As a matter of interest, the printer does do ePrint.

Thanks again,

Simon.

HP Recommended

@hogman3456

@hogman3456 wrote:

Hi, thanks for your help. I've since been on to the Virgin help line & they say after 50mins testing that there is a fault with my computer causing it not to link with my wireless router. I have an engineer coming to look at it tomorrow. As a matter of interest, the printer does do ePrint.

Thanks again,

Simon.

This is the first I have heard that this printer can support ePrintSpecs say otherwise -- sometimes the specifications are wrong.

You can reprint a Claim Code that is lost or out-of-date.

See:

Add Device to Printer

Section:

Claim Sheet / Web Services Information Sheet / Add Device – Any Time Setup 

Green_Line_1.jpg

If everything else checks out and there is still an issue, you might consider the firmware Update.

Check the version on your printer before applying.

Details

This Firmware update addresses the following:

• Improves wireless connectivity and networked security

File name: DJ2540_R1547A.exe

Release details

Released: Feb 5, 2016

Version CBP1FN1547AR

Green_Line_1.jpg

References:

HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printer

From the How-to Section

HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)

HP Print and Scan Doctor – Help Resolve Printer Issues

Good Luck.

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.